Student Data Transparency & Security Act
Student Data Collected & Maintained by Weld RE-1
In order to provide a quality education for our students, comply with state and federal law, and to follow the direction of the Colorado Department of Education, Weld RE-1 collects and maintains the following student data:
- In accordance with state and federal law, the student information listed here;
- Locally administered assessment data; and
- Parent/guardian/emergency contact information for communication between school and home.
How Weld RE-1 Uses & Shares Student PII
- The District and schools use and share Student Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in the following ways:
- To improve instruction and student achievement;
- To complete state and federal reporting requirements; and
- To meet requirements for accountability purposes.
Weld RE-1 is in the process of building a comprehensive list of apps used in our classrooms.
- Approved Application List (link coming soon!)
In accordance with the Student Data Transparency and Security Act, this webpage displays the known school service on-demand providers (SSODPs) and school service contract providers (SSCPs) used by Weld RE-1 employees and students.
Parents, please contact the school or teacher if you want to know what SSODPs/SSCPs are used with your student. Visit the CDE website for more information about student data transparency and security.
CDE Data Privacy Information
- For more information about what data is collected by the Colorado Department of Education and how it is used, please visit the CDE website by clicking here. More information is available here.
- Additional Resources
Notice to on-demand school service providers:
If the District ceases using or refuses to use an on-demand school service provider pursuant to C.R.S. § 22-16-107, the name of the on-demand school service provider will be posted along with any written response that the on-demand school service provider submits. The District will also notify the Colorado Department of Education, which will post on its website the on-demand provider's name and any written response.
Who to Contact
Questions about requesting a copy of your student's personally identifiable information or for questions about this site, the information presented on it, or parental rights under the Student Data Transparency & Security Act: