Social Studies Department
Period 2- Civics and Economics
Period 3- Honors Civics and Economics
Period 5- Honors Civics and Economics
Period 6- Civics and Economics
Period 7- Honors Human Rights
Period 8- AP Human Geography
- I am returning for my second year at Weehawken. I have been teaching Social Studies at the high school level for the past 5 years. I am from Flemington, NJ originally and attended Hunterdon Central Regional High School. I earned my bachelor's degree in history from the University of Rochester. While in college I played football, and after graduating I coached football at the collegiate level while earning my teaching certification in secondary education. I will be teaching 8th grade Civics and Economics, Honors Human Rights, and AP Human Geography through the 2018-2019 school year. I also assist in coaching football, wrestling, and supervision of the weight room at the high school.
About My Classes:
- It is my goal to make Social Studies as appealing as possible to all students. I will do this by incorporating different methods of learning in my classes. This may include Google Classroom, Google forms, Ted-ed, Nearpod, Kahoot, iCivics, Fake Twitter, Crash Course, and more. My job is to help mold good citizens and this does not become more apparent than in Social Studies. It is imperative for students to understand the government, laws, and liberties they possess in their daily lives. I look forward to another great year and continuing to grow along with the students.
- Students must always bring a charged chromebook to class.
- Students must place their phone in cubbie provided by teacher for the duration of class, unless otherwise prompted.
- Students must always be wearing ID's in school and during class.
- If you would like to contact me please reach out to my email firstname.lastname@example.org (“The best way to reach the teacher is via email or calling the school’s office at 201-422-6140. *Emails will be answered within 24 hour during school days.”) And you can check out what we may be doing in class through Google Classroom or my twitter handle @campiWH.
Select the following links to learn more about...