Welcome to the SK class page. I will post classroom information as well as monthly learning updates under each subject.
Follow our Classroom Blog*
For photos and learning updates, please check out our blog: https://lifeinseniorkindergarten.wordpress.com/
*For privacy reasons, please do not re-post photos on social media. Thank you.
- This Tuesday is the LCA Dinner and Open House. I'd love it if all of you could come out to our classroom meeting for some very important information about SK this year.
- Next Wednesday Scholastic and Chirp orders are due (Sept. 19th).
- Next Thursday (Sept. 20th) is Pizza Lunch.
- Next Friday is School Picture day (Sept. 21). SK will be having their pictures taken in the morning. You may send a change of clothes that your child can change into afterwards.
- Please also see the pink September Calendar that will be sent home on the first day of school.
We will focus this month on becoming familiar with our names, exploring syllables, and being introduced to our Language centres.
Sight Words: boy, girl, I, am, a
Letters: letters in your name; Ll (writing and sounds)
We will begin by learning how to create and interpret graphs. We will also focus on numbers 1-10 (counting, writing, recognition).
We will learn about how God created the world and what He made on each of the 7 days of creation.
We will learn all about ourselves and our classmates and how God made each one of us special and unique. We will explore and celebrate our similarities and differences. We will also begin our Project-Based Learning project about Trees this month by "meeting" our special tree in the field and observing it.