Welcome to the SK class page. I will post classroom information as well as monthly learning updates under each subject.
Follow our Classroom Blog*
For photos and learning updates, please check out our blog: https://lifeinseniorkindergarten.wordpress.com/
*For privacy reasons, please do not re-post photos on social media. Thank you.
- FRIDAYS are library days, so please make sure your child brings back his/her book by the end of each week.
- Please regularly check and immediately replace your child's extra clothes in his/her blanket box and make sure they are seasonally appropriate.
- I'm running chapels this month, so we will be leaving for chapel right at 8:45. If you are running late, please bring your child down to the auditorium.
- If you have any fall decorations, gourds, leaves, pumpkins (large or small), etc. that you would like to donate for inquiry/exploration purposes (our Discovery Centre), that would be awesome!
- Friday, October 5 - October Scholastic and I am Special Homework Pages Due
- Monday, October 8 - Thanksgiving holiday - no school
- Wednesday, October 10 - Field Trip forms due
- Monday, October 15 - Field trip to Great Lakes Farms
- Tuesday, October 16 - LCA All Parents Meeting 7pm in the Auditorium
- Friday, October 19 - Pizza Lunch
- Thursday and Friday, October 25 & 26 - PD Days - no school
We will continue with our Language Centres this month and focus on sight words and letter matching, names and sounds.
Sight Words: she, he, is, and, days of the week (plus review of: I, am, a, girl, boy)
Letters: Tt, Ii, Ff, Hh, Uu (writing and sounds)
We will focus on numbers 1-10 (counting, writing, and recognition). Our Math Centres will have many activities that will help us to explore numbers and counting. During carpet times, we will also work on learning and using ordinals to the 5th place.
We will spend a week talking about Thanksgiving and exploring the things we are thankful for. We will be doing a special PBL project where we write thank-you letters as a class to various adults around LCA and then deliver them.
After Thanksgiving, we will begin our unit on the Fruits of the Spirit, focusing on each fruit - what it means and how we can display it in our lives.
We will explore all things related to thankgsiving and fall - turkeys, apples, pumpkins and leaves and do many crafts and activities to learn more about the natural cycles God has put in place in our world.
We will also continue our Project-Based Learning project about Trees this month by visiting our tree and observing the fall changes.