John has a few items of stock that has been sitting in Inventory for some time and he would like to ensure that older stock goes out first.
He would also like to make sure that his packaging team know which item to pack first.
Step 1: John Needs to Ensure Batch Feature is Turned On
1. Click on RIO Inventory Configuration tab
2. Make sure that Enable Batch and Serial Control is checked.
For John's use case, he has chosen First In First Out assignment method because he likes to clear off older stock in the warehouse first.
Step 2: John added batch product to an Opportunity
1. From Sample Data tab, click into an Opportunity name Use Case 4
2. Add 4x Reeds to the Opportunity Product
3. Notice that the system will select Product from BG-010101 (older stock) first before selecting the rest from BG-020202 (newer stock)
Step 3: Reserved Assignment
- Edit the product line item and change quantity from 4 to 20
2. Save the change and notice how RIO Inventory will assign all available quantity and the remaining items will be parked as reserved items.
3. Add new stock to inventory
Step 4: Reassignment
When new stocks are available, here is how you can reassign new stock to the Opportunity.
1. On the Opportunity, click on the assigned quantity
2. Once you hit save, the assignment will be updated
Note: Auto assignment is available and it only happens when Opportunity has probability above the Reserved %.
This means that if the Opportunity stage/probability is above the 'Probability % to Reserve' set on the configuration page, RIO Inventory will automatically assign new stock to the Opportunity when there are available stocks.
Step 5: John generates picking slip for warehouse picking
- Make sure you have enabled this on the configuration page.
2. Continue using Opportunity Use Case 4, change the stage to - Id. Decision Makers (60%) and Refresh the page
3. Once you have saved the Opportunity, you will notice a dispatch note created.
4. Click on 'Generate Picking Slip'
5. Refresh the page and you will find picking slip generated under Notes & Attachment or Files.
Note: If you would like to change the logo on the picking slip, you can do so by following below steps:
1. Add your logo to Static Resource (Setup > Quick Find > Static Resources)
2. Once you have created a Static Resource for your logo, copy the name of the Static Resource.
3. Go to the RIO Inventory Configuration page and paste the name on the 'Custom Logo Static Resource Name' section
4. Once you have done that, you can re-generate the picking slip again to see if the logo changes.