Ms. Taylor's Math Page
Daily Objective and Homework
Khan Academy - Aligned to Open Up Curriculum
CAUTION: If you are a Math 7 Plus student, pay attention on the homework page as to which unit you should look at on Khan. Right now we are in our 3rd unit, which actually corresponds to the UNIT 5 Math 7 curriculum found on this link. I will always note on the homework page where our current lessons/units are from since we do both 7th and 8th grade math.
Math 7 Plus
Google Classroom Links
Problem of the Week
To complete the POW and receive extra credit, do the following.
· In your own words, summarize the problem in a sentence or two.
· Completely solve the problem; sometimes there may be more than one question. Show all calculations.
· Explain in your own words how you solved the problem.
· Provide a colored illustration that helps to explain the problem and your solution.
· These are due on Fridays and can earn 5 points on quizzes.
This year’s King Kong Checkers Tournament has 350 entrants. It is a single-elimination tournament. That means when someone loses a game, that person is out of the tournament. How many checkers games must be played until the winner of the tournament is declared?