Ms. Taylor's Math Page
Daily Objective and Homework
Family Materials by Unit
Video - Open Up Resources
Video - Math Acceleration
Google Classroom Links
Problem of the Week
To complete the POW and receive extra credit, do the following.
· In your own words, summarize the problem in a sentence or two.
· Completely solve the problem; sometimes there may be more than one question. Show all calculations.
· Explain in your own words how you solved the problem.
· Provide a colored illustration that helps to explain the problem and your solution.
· These are due on Fridays and can earn 5 points on quizzes.
Your rich aunt give you a check on your birthday each year. One your first birthday, she gave you a check for one cent. The next year, she gave you three cents, then nine cents the following year. Each year she triples the amount of the previous year’s check. How old will you be when she gives you a check worth more than $1,000? How much money will you receive on your 18th birthday?