Unit 8 - Conic Sections
In this unit, we will explore the figures made when a plane intersects cones!
8-D: Polar Equations of Conics
- Flory's OneNote
- Circles & Parabolas WS
- Conic Section WS w/answers
- Practice Test w/answers
- Here is a Khan review of 'completing the square'.
- Here is a Khan video on the geometry behind why we call them the Conic Sections.
- Here is a cool 3-D manipulative of the geometry behind why we call them the Conic Sections.
- Here is a collection of Khan videos and practice problem sets on conic sections.
- Good video w/polar ellipse eqn example + graphing (Krista King)
- Another good video example of polar conic eqn (patrickJMT)
- + Video on finding the polar eqn of a parabola given the vertex (Krista King)