UEB for Vision Professionals
WCBVI is holding a 12-session online class from May 29, 2017 through August 25, 2017 to introduce vision professionals to Unified English Braille (UEB). This includes vision teachers, paraprofessionals, transcribers and proofreaders. All participants who complete this course with a passing grade will receive a certificate of completion.
Each session consists of a video approximately 30 to 60 minutes in length, optional drill practice and a graded homework assignment of 50 items. Homework is submitted as many times as necessary until full correction is achieved. Participants should aim to complete one session a week.
The class is free of charge and open only to those who live or work in Wisconsin. Drills and videos are open to the public via this site.
- A strong foundation in braille
- Computer literacy and Internet access
- Microsoft Word 2007 or later
- The braille translation software Perky Duck (free download from http://duxburysystems.com/product2.asp?product=Perky Duck&level=free&action=pur)
- Adobe Reader (free download from http://get.adobe.com/reader/)
Videos and drills will be available to the public as they become available. You can view them via our YouTube playlist or here on this site.