Standards Based Report Cards
Standards-based grading and reporting focuses on the learning goals in these ways:
- There are clear performance standards based on levels of proficiency, not points and percentages.
- Eliminates behavior, penalties, extra credit, attendance and group scores from grades.
- Recognizes that mistakes and misconceptions are a natural part of the learning process and students will not be penalized for those that occur early in the learning process.
- Recognizes that effective learning and teaching processes result in students knowing more and performing better now than they did then.
- Grades are determined by the most consistent level of achievement with emphasis on the more recent evidence rather than the average.
- Develops students ability to own their learning .