Fat Tuesday Jazz Fest SOLD OUT
The Woodbury-Bethlehem Community Music Foundation, Inc. is planning a monthly Tuesday night Jazz offering at the Woodbury Brewing Company. As we started that process, we noticed that one of the Tuesdays we were looking at just happened to fall on Mardi Gras. So we thought we would use that to kick-off the series.
Tuesday, February 25th will be a memorable night. We have booked the incredible TJ Thompson Sextet, playing traditional New Orleans style music from 7-9:30. Doors will open at 6:30.
We’ve also asked Carole Peck to put together a traditional “Big Easy” feast, including:Seafood JambalayaChicken & Sausage Gumbo Dirty RiceCornmeal FrittersCollard GreensSaladKing Cake
The Woodbury Brewing Company will offer a cash bar. $50 per person, plus $1.50 handling charge
Nearly $150,000 in funding for music since 2005, including:
- Woodbury Senior / Community Center popular concert series
- Programs for school children in each school in Region 14
- Established the Region 14 string program in grades 3 through high school
- Over 100 mini-grants to students to help in advancing their personal music skills
- Chime In! Music With a Mission Community Music Day
- Woodbury “Sounds of Summer Concert Series”
- Connecticut Summer Opera Foundation
- The Ukulele Band at the Woodbury Senior Community Center
- We Sing! Children’s Choir of Connecticut annual Choir Day
Donations to Woodbury-Bethlehem Community Music Foundation, Inc. are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. Contributions are used to provide music opportunities for members of the Woodbury and Bethlehem community regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status, or of any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.PO Box 820Woodbury, CT 06798