Our long standing partnership with the Allegan Career and Technical Education Center (ACATEC), provides students with real life and employability skills, preparing them to enter their career with ease, while earning high school credit toward graduation. Students may choose from 20 programs and are open to juniors and seniors. Articulation and direct credit are available for many programs.
- ACATEC presentation to WHS sophmores to introduce the program (tentatively October)
- WHS sophomores select 3 programs they're interested in and visit ACATEC (tentatively December)
- During scheduling for the upcoming year, students must indicate interest in attending ACATEC on their Course Request Form (tentatively January)
- Students are informed of their status (attending or not attending, which program, and AM or PM session) by the end of the school year
- Automotive Technology
- Building Trades
- Computer Information Systems (CIS)
- Criminal Justice
- Culinary Arts
- Emergency Medical Services
- Employability Skills (Limited to students with an IEP).
- Engineering CADD
- Graphic Art & Design
- Health Care Foundations
- Health Occupations Academy
- Heavy Equipment Technology-AIS
- Machining CNC Technology
- Marketing & Management
- Small Business Operations (Limited to students with an IEP).
- Teacher Education
- Veterinary Technical Sciences
- Welding Technology
ACATEC Credits at a Glance
Attending ACATEC provides students with the opportunity to earn college credit. Below are some examples of direct and articulated credit that is available. ACATEC counselors work with students to determine eligibility for receiving this credit.