FOR THIS PROJECT, YOU WILL GATHER INFO FROM A VARIETY OF SOURCES:
- Library Databases: unbiased and updated information that is good for understanding the background of your country
- Websites: up-to-date and current information
- Books: the Library has some great cookbooks to find recipes from your country!
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO SHARE YOUR SOURCES.
- CIA World Fact Book: Information compiled by the U.S. Government on all the countries in the world.
- If It Were My Home: Use their country comparison tool to compare living conditions in your own country to those of another.
- BBC News Country Profiles: Has current statistics and news from every country in the world.
- Freedom House: Learn about human rights and other current issues about your country. To find information about your country, click on 'Regions' in the top menu of the Freedom House website.
- WEBSITES RECOMMENDED BY TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
CHECKING A WEBSITE
For this project, it is VERY important to use good sources! To check a website, use the acronym CART:
- CURRENT- Is the source up to date?
- ACCESSIBLE- Can you understand it?
- RELEVANT- Does it have helpful information on your topic?
- TRUSTWORTHY- Can you trust the information?
Looking for some recipes or examples of cuisine for your World Fair project? Click on the link below to see some helpful books we have in the Library.