Hello AlvatonFamily! My name is Robert Taylor and I am thrilled to be your School Counselor. I feel very fortunate to be a part of the Alvaton Elementary School Community. I absolutely love working with students and families! I’m looking forward to meeting you this school year!
I found my calling in the military....I love teaching and learning! I retired from the Army in 2006 and began a second career as a public educator. I served as the coordinator of plans and operations and director of school counseling while living in South Carolina.
Classroom Guidance Lessons
In the classroom we will have fun and interactive lessons that are developmentally appropriate about social, emotional, academic, and career related topics.
Small Group Counseling
Small Group Counseling will be provided to students who want extra help in isolated areas such as friendship, grief, anxiety, social skills, and other concerns that surface throughout the year. (Parental Consent is required for students to participate in Small Group Counseling)
Sometimes students feel more comfortable talking one on one with the School Counselor about what’s bothering them. These individualized sessions will focus on the student targeting their problem, how it makes them feel, and possible solutions to resolve the problem.
I can help students with:
- Solving Problems (Big and Small)
- Expressing Feelings
- Making Decisions
- Making Safe Choices
- Resolving Conflict with Others
- Studying/Preparing for Tests
- Discovering Careers
I can help parents with:
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed academically, socially, and emotionally
- Making referrals to community resources
- Discussing developmental changes that your child is going through
- Understanding standardized test scores
- Reviewing student academic performance