ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 Certifications
RMTC offers major international certifications and consultations for print industry. The intention of ISO is to help organizations consistently meet customer requirements, enhance customer satisfaction, improve quality across operations and meet business objectives.
ISO 14001 is a international certification for Environmental Management Systems (EMS).
This certification specifies requirements for an environmental management system to enable an organization to develop and implement a policy and objectives . Also provides legal requirements to which the organization subscribes, and information about significant environmental aspects.
ISO 9001 is a international certification for Quality Management Systems (QMS). This standard is the mother of all other ISO standards and this sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001.
ISO 45001 is a international certification for Operational health & safety (OH&S).
ISO 45001 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
Integrated Management Systems (IMS)
Institutionalizing a structured and systematic management systems will helps to achieve the objectives of business. Every business today need closer watch; unless there is a close watch, quality and goals could can never be achievable at ease. Hence the approach is to integrate the Management Systems within the organisation, a certification system that would integrate is “Integrated Management System- IMS”. WAN-IFRA integrates ISO 9001 , ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 and certify all three inline.
Why Integrated Management System (IMS)?
- ONE Management System to focused on Vision and Mission of the organisation.
- Results in effective Continual Improvement areas and meet strategic objectives.
- Common Management Review Meeting and common audit report
- Cost effective and less time consuming:
- Less Audit time as compare to individual certification and training.
- Common Internal Audit – with integration of requirements of all standards.
- Documentation effort is reduced as one quality Manual for all three certifications.
ISO 12647-3 Certifications
ISO 12647-3 is a technical certification applicable for cold-set web off-set and Newspaper print production and adopted by many global newspapers. This certification verifies conformance of workflow procedures & quality of reproduction of a newspaper printing plant to the specifications of ISO 12647-3.
The Certification is valid for a period of two years and can be subsequently renewed after two years.
WAN-IFRA certification process involves three stages
Preliminary audit: WAN-IFRA consultant visits the production facility to do a preliminary audit of the workflow and the compliance of the production facility to ISO 12647-3. Problem areas will be identified, and recommendations will be provided to improve
Six monthly evaluations: The monthly evaluation is based on WAN-IFRA cuboid that has to be printed once a month for a period of 6 months. Visual assessment of the general printing quality will also be done this period
Certification audit: At the end of the six-monthly evaluations, WAN-IFRA consultant will visit the production facility again to verify that the entire color reproduction workflow is in conformance with ISO 12647-3 . The audit will evaluate workflow analysis, exposure tests, production of test print,carried out in the presence of the auditor. The printing plant will be certified based on the degree of compliance.
WHY CERTIFICATION THROUGH WAN-IFRA
- WAN-IFRA is one of the member of TC130 committee which frames standards for ISO 12647-3.
- For effcient implementation of ISO and to take the full advantage of management system like ISO, deep understanding of the process (production workflow) is mandatory and we understand the technical-How's in print production better & shorter time , than any other consulting company.
- As we serve the newspaper industry & print industry for decades , we quickly understand the process workflow and project requirements of the newspaper industry.
- Along with ISO, we will implement the best practices that we gained from the industry through the years on various projects.
- Its an added advantage for us as our consultant is a qualified print professional with 15+ years of experience in print and newspaper industry.