Walpole METCO Program Staff
METCO stands for the Metropolitan Council for Educational Opportunity, a state funded, voluntary educational desegregation program designed to eliminate racial imbalance through busing. The METCO program is funded by annual state grant under the Racial Imbalance Act.
Our dedicated staff are committed to working with students in the METCO Program, classroom teachers, parents and school administrators. Our staff provide before school and after school support for our students.
Foxborough & Walpole METCO Program Director- Jesenia Castro
Elm Elementary School METCO Liaison- Uma Valluri
Old Post Road Elementary School METCO Liaison- Noreen Ennis
Bird/Johnson Middle School METCO Liaison- Lynn Donovan
Walpole High School METCO Liaison- Beverly Bucklin
What makes the Walpole METCO program special?
- Diversity awareness and education program participation
- Caring and qualified METCO staff
- Walpole METCO Parent Advisory Leadership Board
- Extensive extracurricular programs including various sports, drama, music, clubs, and academics at all levels
- Breakfast provided for all elementary METCO students
- Onsite tutoring and off – site tutoring referrals
- SAT Prep programs