Waimea High School Counseling
2017 Important Dates:
- August 28, Tuesday 8 am, LRC, Pacific University College Visit
- August 30, Wednesday 6:30 pm, Cafeteria, Mandatory Senior Parent Night
- If you are pursuing an Honors Recognition Certificate please complete this short online form by Sunday, September 3, 2017 using this link: https://goo.gl/ECzU5E
- September 11, Monday 12:50 am, U210, Gonzaga University College Visit (Sign up on https://goo.gl/2SHjg5 )
- September 25, Monday 8:15 am, TBA, Colorado Mesa University College Visit(Sign up on https://goo.gl/m224eA)
- September 5-28, SAT Test Prep at Island School (See College Entrance Exams for more info or call Joan Shaw at 246-0233, ext. 232, or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- October 4, Wednesday, 1:00pm, TBA, UH Hilo College Visit (Sign up on https://goo.gl/HhzvU6 )
- October 4, Wednesday, 6pm, LRC, UH Hilo Application Night Seniors Only (Sign up on https://goo.gl/PmrERp )
- October 18, Wednesday 6pm, LRC and S103 Parent FAFSA NIGHT Seniors Only (Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/WHSFAFSAnight )
- October 20, Friday 1:10 pm, LRC, Oregon State University College Visit (https://goo.gl/BsHsLQ )
- October 24, Tuesday 10 am-12pm Island School, College Fair (Sign ups coming soon)
- October 27, Friday 1:10pm, LRC, Hawaii Pacific University (https://goo.gl/qUrtJx)
- October 30 Monday, 8am-11:30am, LRC, ASVAB Testing (Link for practice exams on Military Page) (Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/WHSASVAB2017 )
- November 15, Wednesday, 1:10 pm, LRC Chaminade University of Honolulu College Visit (Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/chaminadecollegevisit)
- November 16, Thursday, 10:25 am, LRC, University of Hawaii, Manoa Visit (Sign up onhttp://tinyurl.com/uhmanoacollegevisit )
- November 16, Thursday, 12:20 pm, LRC, University of Portland College Visit (Sign up on https://goo.gl/nS9EVT )
- November 20, Monday, 8:00 am and 9:45 am, LRC, Aguilar Class (T107) ARMY JROTC Visit (Sign up TBA )
- ***JROTC 4 Period 1 & 3 DO NOT need to sign up because the presentation will be during your class time.
- November 28 Step Up Internship Presentation LRC 8:30am (See Scholarship/Program tab for more information)
- November 30 ASVAB Results (Only for October test takers, no sign ups required)
- November 16-December 7 SPRING 2018 Early College Sign Ups (Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/earlycollegespring2018)
- If this is your first time applying for Early College Courses please fill out the UH application and Dual Credit Application.
- If you have taken an Early College Course you ONLY need to fill out your Dual Credit Application.
- Links are below:
- Printable Directions: https://sites.google.com/waimeahs.k12.hi.us/counselors/early-college
- UH application: https://apply.hawaii.edu/
- Dual Credit application: https://www.hawaii.edu/dualcredit/dual-credit-application/?semester=127
- Get and Save a UH Username: https://www.hawaii.edu/username/
- December 5, Tuesday, 10:30 am, S103, ASVAB "Make-Up Session" Results (Only for October test takers, no sign ups required)
- December 6, Wednesday, 1:30 pm, LRC, Hawaii Job Corps(Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/hawaiijobcorps )
- January 10, Wednesday, 6 pm-8pm, LRC, Scholarship Parent Night (Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/waimeascholarshipnight)
- February 26 Monday, 7:45 am to 8:30 am, LRC, UH Hilo, Decision on the Spot (Please email email@example.com and report to the LRC at 7:45 am)
- Seniors who are interesting in applying for UH Hilo.
- Seniors will need to complete the paper application in advance.
- $50 application fee waived for any students applying that day.
- UH Hilo's Director will meet individually with the students for a few minutes, and provide students an admissions decision "on the spot."
- February 27 Tuesday, 8-12:30 am, ACT testing in LRC
- February 27 Tuesday, 12:30-1:20, LRC Manawa Kupono Native Hawaiian Program Presentation
- February 28 Wednesday, 8:40 to 9:30 am, LRC, UH Hilo, What's Next Presentation (Accepted students please report to the LRC during period 2)
- All student accepted to UH Hilo, incing those accepted earlier that morning) are encouraged to attend the "What's Next" presentation where I will walk them through the next steps of enrollment (registration, intent to enroll form, housing, etc). Student decided on UH Hilo, and those still making up their mind, are encouraged to attend. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Just a reminder about the Inspired by You Scholarship, https://hilo.hawaii.edu/admissions/inspired/ submit before March 1 and, at the moment, Innovation and Discovery themes are the most "available."
- March 5 Monday, 8am-11:30 am, LRC, ASVAB Testing (Link for practice exams on Military Page)
- Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/WHSASVABSPRING
- March 6 Tuesday, 9 am-9:45 am, TBA, Chaminade University of Honolulu College Visit
- Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/chaminadevisit
- March 9 Friday, 9 am-1 pm, #findyourfuture Kauai Community Field Trip for Seniors ONLY
- Sign up on http://tinyurl.com/findyourfutureKCC
- March 13 & 14, Tuesday and Wednesday, 9 am-1 pm, LRC #findyourfuture KCC Application Days for Seniors Appointments and Walk-Ins are Welcome.
- TBA 10:20 am-11:20 am, LRC, UH Manoa Engineer Department
- April Monday, 8:30-9:25, LRC am, ASVAB Results from March test and Career Exploration
- April 17, Tuesday 10:30 am, LRC, Colorado Mesa University College Visit (sign up: http://tinyurl.com/ColoradoMesa2018)
- April 17, Tuesday 6 pm-7:30 pm, Island School SPRING COLLEGE FAIR, Free and open to the public
- May 25 Graduation!
2017-2018 Official School Calendar
From the Student Leadership Team
Senior Class President: Kari-Makenna Correa
Student Body President: Madilyn Barrett
September 7 & 8th ~ Picture Taking
- Dress Requirements
- Boys: Collared White Shirt (WHS-provided)
- Girls: Solid White Top (drapes available)
***Photos will be taken during social studies. If you do not have social studies, do it during non-instructional time.
Individual Senior Photos
- Sent in by: September 29th
Baby Pictures & Senior Quotes
- Sent in by: September 29th
- Due October 29th
- Full Page & Half page available
Photo For Senior Page
- Please email photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include first and last name of the student
- Only appropriate photographs will be accepted
- Please be aware that cropping may change the original photo size
- Hard copy photos may be submitted but will require the following:
- Protective envelope with name
- Phone number attached
(all photos will be returned upon request)