Connected Learners, Connected Teachers
Recordings of most sessions are now available on the Session Details page
Please complete the conference evaluation to help us with planning for next year
Many thanks to everyone who attended, presented and helped at Learnfest this week. Without each of you it wouldn't have happened! Tēnā rawa atu koe
Learnfest has finished
Recordings of sessions will be made as soon as possible
We will circulate an evaluation form - please help us continually develop Learnfest by giving us your feedback
Registration has closed
Sorry, we are at capacity!
Learnfest is at capacity so we need you to:
- Arrive early to collect your name badge
- Get seated in S1.04 before the start at 8:45
- Don't leave any gaps in the rows so we can all fit in
- We may need to use an overflow room with a video feed (S1.05) for the keynote
Sessions outside S Block
- These are mainly workshops
- The rooms are in the Library and A Block which are both adjacent to S Block
- We will run a walking bus to take people there and back
- Meet at the end of S Block where the stairs and registration desk are
- Please be prompt as places are limited for the workshops
We have arranged a virtual reality playroom for you to come and try out a range of devices that are starting to make inroads in education and industry learning. See what Oculus Rift and Google Cardboard can do. Try out some virtual chemistry blocks. Open all day from morning tea so drop in any time.
Video Studio tours
Discover what video recording facilities we have on campus and how you can output high quality green screen video with little support needed. These will start from the Playroom. Open all day from morning tea so drop in any time.
We have arranged an informal opt-in dinner for attendees at Little India in the centre of Hamilton. If you would like to attend please sign up at the registration desk on Thursday. Cost will be $35 for the shared banquet meal. Little India is highly recommended and there will be plenty food for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Places are limited so please sign up early.
Thanks to Ako Aotearoa for their kind sponsorship, thanks to our keynote and all our presenters and facilitators and thanks to you for making it worthwhile holding Learnfest!
*** Registration Has closed ***
LEARNfest 2017 is a new conference organised by the Centre for Tertiary Teaching and Learning at the University of Waikato. It will explore and share effective and innovative practices in higher and tertiary education. The conference will be a mix of presentations, workshops and demonstrations and is interested in all aspects of learning, teaching and assessment practice and in all settings including face-to-face, blended, online and networked situations.
The conference theme, "Connected Learners, Connected Teachers", provides a starting point that will allow consideration of good learning, good teaching and the continuous development of good teachers.
- Where: University of Waikato Hamilton campus
- When: Thursday 16th and Friday 17th November 2017
- Who: Educators & related staff in the higher and tertiary education sector plus any other interested parties
- Atmosphere: Warm, friendly and collegial! A supportive place for openness and sharing
- Cost: FREE