College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards
Helping You Succeed
We strive to make college more affordable through college, departmental and university wide scholarships
Prospective Freshmen Scholarships
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences Freshmen Scholarships: All first-time students in the College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences will be considered for the Virginia Tech Scholars Scholarship program. No application is necessary. Students who apply and are accepted to the University Honors Program will be considered for the Calhoun Liberal Arts Scholarships.
- General Scholarships: These are scholarships awarded to students based on the criteria provided by our donors. Some General Scholarships only require the FAFSA and some require an application. Awards typically range from $1000 to $3000.
- Presidential Campus Enrichment Grant: is a competitive scholarship program that is awarded based on an essay question related to your personal values, beliefs and activities regarding multiculturalism and diversity. This award is $4800 for eight semesters.
- Presidential Scholarship Initiative (PSI): is a competitive scholarship program designed to offset the costs of college for in-state Virginia high school students with significant financial need. This scholarship ensures that full tuition, fees, and room and board are covered. Please note: No application or recommendation letter is necessary for the PSI, but the FAFSA must be completed by the January 15 Priority Deadline.
- Virginia Tech University Honors: Prospective freshman applying to Honors will be considered for recruitment scholarships on the basis of their application to University Honors.
- Athletic Scholarships
Prospective Transfer Scholarships
- College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences and Departments Transfer Scholarships: Some of the college and/or department scholarships opportunities are available for transfer students and may require to file the FAFSA by the priority deadline of January 15.
- General Scholarships: These are scholarships that are awarded to students based on the criteria provided by our donors. Some General Scholarships only require the FAFSA and some require an application.
- VT VCCS Lifeline Scholarship is awarded to select VCCS graduates continuing their education at Virginia Tech. One full tuition and fee scholarship and five half tuition and fees will be awarded to each Fall terms’ entering cohort. No application or recommendation letter is necessary.
- Two-Year College Transfer Grant: The Two-Year College Transfer Grant is administered by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) to provide financial assistance to students who receive an associate's degree at a Virginia 2-year public institution.
Continuing Students Scholarships
Continuing students should check following college and/or department scholarships opportunities. Some of these scholarships require to file the FAFSA by the priority deadline of January 15.