SURFACE ANALYSIS LABORATORY
at Virginia Tech
008 Hahn Hall South, 800 West Campus Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24061
- 02/07/2018 - New XPS rates are coming. Stay tuned!
- 10/23/2017 - The SAL will be closed from 11/06/2017 to 11/13/2017.
- 10/04/2017 - The SAL will be closed for field instruction of CHEM 4124 from 10/10/17 to 10/12/17.
- 09/19/2017 - Welcome back the PHI VersaProbe III XPS!
- 09/14/2017 - The PHI VersaProbe III XPS is undergoing a minor maintenance and expected to be back on 09/19/2017. Stay tuned!
- 08/11/2017 - The PHI VersaProbe III XPS has resumed service after a lengthy maintenance. Welcome back!
- 07/24/2017 - The PHI 5400 XPS , which had served the department and university for years, is back to service! Featuring dual Mg/Al X-ray sources, it is well capable to work around signal interference from Auger lines.
- 05/17/2017 - We are offering incredible introductory rates of XPS analysis through the summer - $2.80/hr for VT users and $4.50/hr for external users. Don't miss out this great opportunity!
Welcome to SAL, the Surface Analysis Laboratory affiliated with the Department of Chemistry at Virginia Tech. With contemporary surface analysis techniques, featuring the latest PHI VersaProbe III Scanning XPS Microscope, and PhD scientists with over 10 years of experience, you are guaranteed for prompt, specialized, state-of-the-art services. We sincerely invite researcher from across Virginia Tech as well as partnerships with government, industry and other academic institutions to enjoy these techniques and advance research and education at all levels. We are also open for opportunities in research collaborations and grant proposals.
Xu Feng, Ph.D.