September 24th, 2017
the VSY FYI
September 24, 2017
vol. 17-18 Issue 05
- Monday, September 25th - Empire Pizza Family Night, 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, September 27th - *K/1 Open House, 6:00pm
- Friday, September 29th - *Committee Chair/Room Parent Orientation, 9:30am, Dining Room
Important Dates to Remember
- Wednesday, October 4th - *SAC Meeting, 6:00pm
- Wednesday, October 4th - *PTA General Meeting, 7:00pm
- Friday, October 6th - *Reading/Math Coach Orientation, 9:30am, Dining Room
- Thursday, October 12th - Thursday, October 19th - Fall Book Fair
- Friday, October 13th - Fall Festival, 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Tuesday, October 17th - Fall Picture Day
*Denotes an event that is re-scheduled from Hurricane Irma school closure.
Noteworthy Calendar Changes
- PTA Meeting: The September PTA Meeting was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma school closures. We are re-scheduling it for Wednesday, October 6th at 7:00pm. Because of this, we will not be holding the previously scheduled October 18th PTA Meeting.
- TUF Fall Fundraiser: We are cancelling the Fall TUF Fundraiser. We want to give our community time to recover from the destruction and loss suffered during Hurricane Irma. We will adjust Spring fundraising events to accommodate PTA needs.
- Parent PE: We are postponing the October 6th Parent PE. Stay tuned for a new date.
BCPS is Offering Free Breakfast & Lunch to ALL Students
As a way to assist families as they recover from Hurricane Irma, BCPS is offering free breakfast and lunch to ALL students through October 20th.
Join the VSY PTA! Last Week to Join at Discounted Rate
It is time to register for the VSY PTA! You can register online at http://www.vsypta.org. You must register every year to be part of the PTA. The cost is only $5 until September 30th. On October 1st, the price will go up to $10. Being a member of the PTA does not require you to volunteer.
Our goal is to increase membership by 15 members this year. If we reach 622 members we will provide Popsicles at PE for all VSY students! We already have 470 members and we are the first school in Broward County to reach 100% PTA participation by Faculty! Please encourage all your friends and family to sign up for the PTA!
- Fall Festival: Fall Festival is just around the corner, on Friday, October 13th. This event is a fun, FREE family night, from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, that includes rides, games, food, petting zoo, and a pumpkin patch. We need many volunteers to help with daytime set up, handing out free student meals, selling water, and clean up. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in helping.
- Fall Book Fair: The Fall Book Fair will take place from Thursday, October 12th - Thursday, October 19th. We are in need of a parent Book Fair Chair to work with Ms. Narkier, VSY Media Specialist, to transform the VSY Media Center into a literary wonderland for our students! If you are interested in helping, please email email@example.com.
- LEGO Club: Lego Club is looking for parent volunteers. If you are interested in helping develop STEM skills in Fourth and Fifth Grade students and are available on Wednesdays from 3:30pm-5:30pm, please email Peter Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find VSY on Social Media
VSY has increased its social media presence. Look for VSY on Facebook and Twitter to stay up-to-date on all the amazing things happening at our school!
And a Thank You to Our Sponsor...
Empire Pizza Cafe! Join us at Empire Pizza tomorrow, September 25th from 5:00pm to 8:00pm, for our first family night of the year!
Empire Pizza is a uniquely designed New York City "themed" Italian Restaurant-Pizzeria-Cafe that offers a casual, self-service dining experience. Their chefs serve up the finest freshly prepared Italian and other foods, including "real" NY style pizzas, salads, paninis, subs, wings, and mouthwatering desserts you can't find anywhere else. Whether you decide to dine-in, pick-up, or have us deliver to you (local area), just stop in for a quick slice, a nice Italian meal or simply for one of the scrumptious "homemade" desserts with a cappuccino or espresso.