"At the end of the day, the most overwhelming key to a child's success is the positive involvement of parents."
-Jane D. Hill
The VSY PTA is an organization made up of parents and teachers who have a special interest in children, families and public education. Our membership is diverse and strong. Together we use this strength to help impact our children's education, Broward County's public education system, Florida's public education system and ultimately our national education policy. Our vision is to make every child's potential a reality. Our objectives . .
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school. community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
The objectives of this PTA are promoted in cooperation with the state PTA and the National PTA through an educational program directed toward parents, teachers and the general public; are developed through conferences, committees, projects and programs.