- Public Economics, Labor Economics, Development Economics
- Intergenerational transmission of gender attitudes: Evidence from India with Diva Dhar and Seema Jayachandran, Journal of Development Studies, forthcoming. Pre-print
- Does who you know matter? Unraveling the influence of peers' network attributes on academic performance with Nishtha Langer, Economic Inquiry, forthcoming.
- Common tongue: The impact of language on educational performance, Journal of Economic History, 77(2):473-510, 2017. Pre-print
- How does relationship-based governance accommodate new entrants? Evidence from the cycle rickshaw rental market with Ashima Sood, Journal of Institutional Economics, 13(3):673-697, 2017. Pre-print
- Social identity and governance: The behavioral response to female leaders with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci, European Economic Review, 90:302-325, 2016. Pre-print
- The impact of study groups and roommates on academic achievement with Mudit Kapoor, Review of Economics and Statistics, 97(1):44--54, 2015. Online Appendix. Pre-print
- Letting the briber go free: An experiment on mitigating harassment bribes with Klaus Abbink, Utteeyo Dasgupta and Lata Gangadharan, Journal of Public Economics, 111:17-28, 2014. Pre-print
- Where there is a will: Fertility behavior and sex bias in large families, Journal of Human Resources, 49(2):393-423, 2014. Pre-print
- The fairer sex? Women leaders and the strategic response to the social environment with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci. Revise and resubmit at Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Barriers to skill acquisition: Evidence from English training in India with Pushkar Maitra and Subha Mani. IZA Discussion Paper No. 10199. Revise and resubmit at World Development
- Reshaping adolescents' gender attitudes: Evidence from a school-based experiment in India with Diva Dhar and Seema Jayachandran.
- Social connections and public healthcare utilization with Sisir Debnath.
- Labor market effects of high school science majors in a high STEM economy, with Abhiroop Mukhopadhyay, Nishith Prakash and Raghav Rakesh.
- Designing India's national healthcare protection: Challenges and opportunities with Sisir Debnath, Dibya Mishra and Revathy Suryanarayana, August 27, 2018, Ideas for India.
- Common tongue? How mother tongue instruction influences education with Revathy Suryanarayana, February 27, 2017, Ideas for India.
- Bringing the sheen back to teaching with Avantika Dhingra, October 8, 2016, The New Indian Express.
- Public health insurance for tertiary diseases: Lessons from Andhra's Aarogyasri programme with Sisir Debnath, April 12, 2016, Ideas for India.
- Impact assessment: Data analysis for better decision making, August 13, 2015, ISB Insight.
- Do self-help programmes change hearts and minds? The JEEViKA experience in Bihar, Jul-Sep 2015, ISB Insight.
- Do women leaders deceive more? with Lata Gangadharan, Pushkar Maitra and Joseph Vecci, February 10, 2015, Mint.
- Tell us what you really think: Measuring gender attitudes in Haryana with Diva Dhar and Seema Jayachandran, July 18, 2014, Ideas for India.
- Should bribe-givers be let off? March 28, 2013, Ideas for India.
- Book review of S. Thorat and K. Newman (eds.) "Blocked by Caste: Economic Discrimination in Modern India," Economic and Political Weekly, Feb 27, 2010, 45(9), 35--37.
- Teacher incentives with Kalyani Chaudhuri, 2017, Harvard Business Case ISB096-PDF-ENG.
- Search costs and market efficiency in emerging economies with Rohini Ray, 2016, Harvard Business Case ISB059-PDF-ENG.
- Course allocation methods with Priyanka Sarda, 2013, Harvard Business Case ISB033-PDF-ENG.
- A class divided, 2013, Harvard Business Case ISB032-PDF-ENG.