History of our Vineyard

For a history of the Vineyard movement, check out this link from Vineyard Canada

In 1986 our lead pastor, Ed Kolar, spent a week with Todd Hunter, pastor of the Wheeling Vineyard in West Virginia. It was here that God put in Ed's heart the desire to plant a Vineyard in Windsor. After a year of training, attending Vineyard conferences, seminars and listening to teaching tapes, Ed and Marnie started the Vineyard in 1987. They began meeting in homes on Sunday nights and moved to larger facilities to accommodate growth. Forest Glade Community Centre was home to the Vineyard through most of the 90's. There the church did joint events with the other churches in Forest Glade, and also brought God's love to the community with various "servant evangelism" initiatives.

In 1997, the Vineyard moved to 1650 Howard Ave., where several churches share a building owned by Asamblea Cristiana De Adoracion (Christian Worship Assembly). The Vineyard uses the front part of the building as semi-permanent tenants. Again we have been active in our neighbourhood, and have a modest food cupboard to help those in a tough place. Our local gathering is part of a national movement, connecting with other Vineyards in regular meetings and conferences, and is one of a dozen Vineyards in Ontario. We also love the wider local church in Windsor, and continue to do regular joint events with our sisters and brothers who worship Jesus in some of His other "tribes."