Youth Time International Movement is pleased to open applications for its latest Youth Global Forum 2018! The event will take place in Paris, France from December 2nd -6th and will gather together more than 100 participants, experts and trainers from all over the world with the aim of discussing ideas and solutions to some of the most prevalent youth issues. The topic of the annual event is Worldwide Impact Investment: the Role of Entrepreneurs”. Participation is partially funded.
The Youth Global Forum is organized by Youth Time International Movement. Below, you find more information regarding applications to this exciting event!
- Young people 20-35 from around the world;
- Master’s/PhD students, social entrepreneurs, young professionals, persons working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, speaking).
- You can either apply as a project presenter or a basic participant.
As a basic participant you can expect to:
- Participate in educational and interactive talks and become inspired through workshops conducted by esteemed honourable guests.
- Gain valuable new skills, knowledge and experiences that will serve as a solid foundation for your future entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Have a fruitful working and learning experience in the beautiful city of Paris.
- Have a unique opportunity to meet with 100+ likeminded people from across the globe.
- Network with renowned professionals in the fields of business, entrepreneurship, finance, science and technology.
- Take part in a fantastic cultural exchange program which includes trips to see some of Paris’s’ most iconic attractions.
- The program, food, and twin room shared accommodation are partially covered by Youth Time International Movement. Please take into consideration that travel costs are at your own expense.
- Join each other in celebration at our welcome and closing dinners and attend the projects awarding ceremony.
As a basic participant you are expected to:
- Inspire and evaluate all projects that are presented to you during the event and vote for a winner.
- After invitation pay a participation fee of 300€ (foreign participants) or 150€ (local participants) or 1000€ (non-subsidiary). Only after payment is your participation guaranteed. See below for more information on participation options.
- Take part in all components of the program and practice punctuality.
- Follow Youth Time’s Code of Conduct (see below).
Information about participation fees
The complete program is covered by Youth Time International Movement, but please take into consideration that travel costs come at your own expense. Hotel accommodation is partially sponsored by Youth Time International Movement. Participation fees will go toward the budget which will support the grant awarded to the 1st place project winner. Below you will find more details on the participation fees.
Subsidiary Basic Participation
- Registration fee excluding accommodation (only available for residents of Paris): 150€ (Includes attendance of opening and closing/award ceremonies, gala dinner, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities, educational program, participants kit).
- Registration fee including twin room shared accommodation: 300€ (Includes attendance of opening and closing/award ceremonies, gala dinner, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities, educational program, participants kit).
- Payment details will be provided to the selected participants in the official invitation.
- Only after payment will your participation be guaranteed.
As an NGO we will be glad to receive any kind of sponsorship. If you wish to support Youth Time International Movement, you can choose the non-subsidiary option which covers 100% costs of participation. Registration fee is 1000€ which will include: accommodation in a single room, attendance of opening and closing/awarding ceremonies, gala dinner, tea breaks and meals, cultural activities, educational program, participants kit.
POLITE NOTICE: Participation is partially funded by Youth Time and we do not currently offer any scholarships to persons wishing to join the event. Please also note that travels costs including flights, visas, and airport transfers are not included in the participation fee.
Participants Code of Conduct
- Respect the culture and tradition of the hosting nation and organization. Avoid insulting people by bringing up sensitive topics and refrain from political statements for the harmony of the event.
- Refrain from showing discord and causing disorder based on religious, sexual or national identity, political point of views, or social status differences.
- Participate in ALL activities organized during the event, except for the parts that are marked as optional. The program of the event is designed is such a way that you will have free time for relaxing, shopping, sightseeing etc. We’re kindly asking participants to maintain a working frame of mind.
- Maintain a proactive attitude as well as punctuality. This especially in regard to all transfers. Departure times are fixed and will not be altered for individual preferences. Organizers are not responsible for any other transport arrangements as well as any costs involved.
- Dress code is casual/smart casual and cocktail dress/smart suit for opening and closing/award ceremonies and gala dinner. No short trousers and flip-flops are allowed while working at the event.
Participants that do not follow the code of conduct, will be immediately removed from the event and will be hold accountable for 100% of the costs made by the organizers.
In order to apply for 2018 Youth Global Forum you must:
- Be aged between 20-35
- Be able to communicate in fluent English (reading, writing, speaking)
- Be either a Master’s/PhD student, social entrepreneur, young professional, or person working at/with startup incubators and/or accelerators;
- Fill out the Youth Global Forum Participant Application form.
- Submit your up-to-date CV
- Make a one-minute video answering the following questions:
1. What is your motivation for applying for the Youth Global Forum?
2. What do you understand by the term “impact investment”?
3. How do you plan to use the knowledge and skills gained during the Youth Global Forum?