Workshop for Young Female Researchers in Speech Science & Technology
Saturday September 14, 2019
Our highly valued sponsors
The Young Female Researchers in Speech Workshop (YFRSW) is a workshop for women undergraduate and masters students who are currently working in speech science and technology. It is designed to foster interest in research in our field in women, at the undergraduate or master level, who have not yet committed to getting a PhD in speech science or technology areas, but who have had some research experience in their college and universities via individual or group projects. It is to be held at Interspeech 2019 in Graz, Austria on September 14, 2019. It will feature panel discussions with PhD students and senior researchers in the field, student poster presentations and a mentoring session. Student poster presentations should give an overview of a current or planned research project in which the student is involved, with an emphasis on promoting discussion.
The workshop is the fourth of its kind, after a successful inaugural event YFRSW 2016 at Interspeech 2016 in San Francisco, YFRSW 2017 at Interspeech 2017 in Stockholm, and YFRSW 2018 at Interspeech 2018 in Hyderabad.
Travel funds are available for students accepted to attend the workshop.
- Catharine Oertel (EPFL)
- Esther Klabbers (ReadSpeaker)
- Odette Scharenborg (Delft University of Technology)
- Emily Mower Provost (University of Michigan)
- Jamilla Balint (TU Graz)
- Khiet Truong (University of Twente)
- Heidi Christensen (University of Sheffield)
- Margaret Zellers (University of Kiel)
- Theodora Chaspari (Texas A&M University)
- Helena Moniz (University of Lisbon)
- Karen Livescu (TTI Chicago)
- Isabel Trancoso (INESC-ID / IST / University of Lisbon)
- Lori Lamel (LIMSI)