CITIZENS' ASSEMBLY RESOURCES
'What Is A Citizens' Assembly?' Outreach Pack
Go through this list to understand a bit more about citizens' assemblies
- XR's Guide to Citizens' Assemblies [PDF]
- Citizens' assemblies and why Extinction Rebellion wants one [Video]
- Slides for a talk about citizens' assemblies [Slides]
- Forum about Citizens' Assemblies - beginners to experts [Discourse]
If you are running a talk about what citizens' assemblies are, you may want to give people a bit of a feel for what it would be like to be part of a deliberative process. We highly recommend running a people's assembly for that reason. Here are some guidelines on running people's assemblies:
Main Citizens' Assembly Concepts
The Citizens' Assembly for the Climate and Ecological Emergency (CACE)
This is the name Extinction Rebellion uses to refer to the citizens' assembly we want to see created by the government to deal with the climate and ecological emergency, CACE for short.
- Interview with Keith Garrett of the Sortition Foundation
- ResPossCast Episode 2 - Can a citizens assembly tackle the climate emergency?
- Citizens Assembly Workshop (Webinar) - 10 January 2019
- XR CA Street Flyer - Demand Leaflet | Demand Leaflet with print marks | CA Leaflet | CA Leaflet with print marks
Examples of Citizens' Assemblies
The Citizens' Assembly was an exercise in deliberative democracy, placing the citizen at the heart of important legal and policy issues facing Irish society. With the benefit of expert, impartial and factual advice the 100 citizen Members considered the topics below. Their conclusions formed the basis of a number of reports and recommendations that were submitted to the Houses of the Oireachtas for further debate by our elected representatives.
The Citizens' Assembly on Electoral Reform says the new proportional electoral system it proposes for B.C. will improve the practice of democracy in the province.
Database of examples across the world - Participedia harnesses the power of collaboration to respond to a recent global phenomenon: the rapid development of experiments in new forms of participatory politics and governance around the world.
More about citizens' assemblies with examples.
About Designing and Running a Citizens' Assembly
MASS LBP Playbook - Eight moves for designing a deliberative process
Citizens' Assemblies - Guide to Democracy that works - Marcin Gerwin