At Stephen M. White Middle School our purpose is to create change, develop, inspire, and empower our future leaders through education. Our students will be critical thinkers that will problem solve, effectively communicate, and lead in a global society.
Our mission at Stephen M. White Middle School is to provide a nurturing environment that will motivate, challenge, and guide students through collaborative discovery, multiple perspectives, and high expectations.
Common Formative Assessment Resources
CFA Materials & Rubrics
According to research, making common formative assessment processes an integral component of instruction is associated with improved student learning.
- Teaching Channel - Common Formative Assessment Module
- Sample CFA -7th grade History [Item 3 Target 4 USING EVIDENCE: Cite evidence to support analyses, arguments, or critiques]
- Sample CFA writing rubric aligned to SBAC writing
- SPREADSHEET Claims, Evidence, and Reasoning – Rubric Linked to SBAC Argumentative Writing
Peer observations/ Sharing best practices
Setting up Student E-mail
Teacher Steps (Accessing student email information)
Go to: GetData.lausd.net
● Sign in using your sso (ex. dxp27xx (first half of your email only) & password)
● Select: MyData
● Select: Classroom (found under student search)
● Select: My Students, Current Year Data
● Select: Email/Account Roster
● Select Student Email / Account Roster by Class Period
● Look at the top of the information sheet, find and click on class period (this will organize the information by class period)
● Scroll to the bottom of the report screen to see Print and Export Options
● Click export, Excel 2007+
● You can now adjust the table to be the appropriate size to print out slips for your students
● Data can be exported and manipulated in Excel (PC/MAC) or Numbers (MAC), Word, etc. Be Aware you are working with confidential information here.
Creating a check in Quiz on Schoology
- Log into Schoology
- Select a course tab
- add materials
- add Test/Quiz
- name your quiz and add a due date and point value
- create your questions
- set the quiz settings
- save the quiz
- Congratulations! you just created your first Schoology quiz.
MSA Chicago 2018 - STEAM Magnet Presentation
at Stephen M. White Middle School
22102 S. Figueroa St.
Carson, CA 90745
Local District South
Los Angeles Unified School District
Click the drive icon above to access the presentation materials
Dr. Adaina Brown, Principal
Michael Tarango, S.T.E.A.M. Magnet Coordinator
Tammy Kim, Science
Shannon Kirk, English
Juan Mejia, Math
Daniel Parra, Technology
Cristela Reyes, History