Become an Ambassador
Interested in becoming a WV SPOT Ambassador? See if you qualify below!
- Who: Any undergraduate or graduate student attending a West Virginia college or university. Applicants must have or plan to obtain a valid license. Students in SPACE, Pulsar Search Collaboratory, and Education majors are especially encouraged to participate. Students from all majors are welcome! We are looking for enthusiastic, reliable, and flexible students. Whether confident in all things STEM or unsure about it all, if you desire inspiring K-12 students while developing professional skills and your resume, we will teach you what you need to know to succeed!
- How: Submit an Ambassador Application. You will need approval from one of the WV SPOT Campus Representatives listed below or from a professor on your campus who knows you well in order for your application to be considered. Please ask your SPOT campus representative or professor to email their approval to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title "Approval for [your name]". If you application is accepted, you will receive an acceptance email with instructions for how to continue your journey as a WV SPOT ambassador!
Want more Information? Contact our Campus Representatives!
- West Virginia University, contact Kathryn Williamson at email@example.com.
- Marshall University, contact Jon Saken at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fairmont State University, contact Deb Hemler at Deb.Hemler@fairmontstate.edu
- WV Wesleyan College, contact Tracey DeLaney at email@example.com
- Shepherd University, contact Jason Best at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WV State University, contact Hannah Payne at email@example.com
- WVU Tech, contact Sophie Knudsen at the general SPOT email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All others, contact Sophie Knudsen at the general SPOT email at email@example.com
Q: Can I become an Ambassador if the school I attend is not already involved in the WV SPOT program?
A: Absolutely, yes! We are always looking to expand our team to more colleges and universities and your interest and involvement can help us create connections with faculty at your school!
Q: Can I become an Ambassador if I don't have a car? What if I don't have a license?
A: We require Ambassadors to have a valid driver's license but we do not require Ambassadors to have their own car.