WPAFB ED (937) 257-0770
BASE ROTATION (INTERNS)
- Welcome to your rotation at WPMC Emergency Department. Please view your schedule under the Schedules Tab. If you are a civilian rotator and have not already contacted Kathy Dyke, please do so as soon as possible to arrange base access: firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph (937) 656-3172.
- If you are unable to make a shift due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, please contact myself or one of the other Chief Residents. As always, if there you have any questions or concerns during your rotation with us, please contact me. Enjoy your rotation!
- During all ED blocks, Air Force residents will be assigned 2 shifts at WPMC and civilians with have 1 shift, creating a longitudinal experience in military medicine.
- Please ensure your username/passwords/certificates are current, including access to CHCS, Essentris, and general computer access via your CAC. Remember if you have not worked on base in a while, your passwords may be expired. If you have problems with accessing any of the above, please go to IT/Computer Services, located on the first floor by the main elevators.
- The department uses paper charting and T-sheets. Essentris is used for the track board and for the "Authority to Admit". Synapse access should be available to everyone and this is where you will find your imaging studies and radiology reads. CHCS is for lab review, prescriptions, and placing referrals/consults.
- Unless given permission otherwise by Dr. Dupre, you are expected to arrive and depart your shifts in uniform. You may, however, change into scrubs while working in the department.
Eric Hand, MD, Capt, USAF
WPMC Chief Resident
Wright-Patterson Medical Center (WPMC)
Type "Lab" and hit “Enter”
Enter last name,first name (no space) or first initial of last name + last 4 of SSN (no space)
Find name using arrows (mouse does not function in CHCS)
Hit "End" button to select. Then hit “Enter”.
Select labs to review with "End" button and hit “Enter”
To exit type "x" and enter through
Type "ore" and hit “Enter”. Then type "ore" again and hit “Enter”.
Enter patient name as above
Type "n" then hit “Enter” for new order
Type "rx" for new prescription
Enter medication name and hit “Enter”. Select dose/route from list and select with "End" key and hit “Enter”.
Fill out Rx and enter through.
Same as above but type "con" instead of rx.
Type specialty and hit “Enter”. Find on list and select as above.
Type reason for consult. For ASAP consults, you must contact specialist and state his/her name in the reason for consultation, otherwise this consult must be placed as routine.
Enter through to end.
To exit after entering new orders, type "q" on the patient order list page and enter through to verify orders and get back to main menu.