Open Data / Data Warehouse
Copyright © West Parry Sound Geography Network
All rights reserved. No part of these Ortho-photography may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.
Check out WPSGN imagery cache here. This is a mosaic of our most current imagery with full coverage of West Parry Sound. We have started using it as the base imagery for all our our services.
- 21 Scale levels down to 1:282.124294 comprising of 47,045,943 tiles!! Thats 340 GB of data!
- We support multiple standards of protocol for serving (over the Internet) georeferenced map images which a map server generates using data from a GIS database.
- Supported Image Format Types:
Our WPSGN imagery cache mosaic is comprised of the following years/projects
- 2004 Link leaf OFF, 50cm Resolution, flown April
- 2008 Link leaf ON MNR FRI, 30cm, flown in July
- 2011 Link leaf OFF, 20cm flown in April. For the most part this imagery was flown to capture a 2km buffer around all provincial highways. A few of the Municipalities flew some other areas to infill. The coverage for this imagery for the most part is withing 2km of the highways.
- 2013 Link Southcentral Ontario Orthophotography Project (SCOOP) - leaf OFF, 20cm, flown in April 2013.
- The coverage for this imagery is from approximately south end of the Township of McKellar , south to include all of the Town of Parry Sound and the Township of Seguin.
- Under the guidance of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources, over 40 private and government entities worked to produce this product. SCOOP digital imagery (20 cm resolution) was collected with sensor Leica geosystems ADS80 SH82 for areas of Ontario between April 26th and May 7th 2013.
- The project encompassed an area of approximately 35,762 square kilometers, covering parts of South Central Ontario including Peterborough, Haliburton, Muskoka, West Parry Sound (Seguin & Archipelago South) , Simcoe and surrounding areas.
- 2016 Central Ontario Orthophotography Project (COOP) will aquire 20 cm resolution, leaf OFF, multi-spectral imagery that is accurate to 50 cm “on the ground”. The imagery will be acquired in areas across central Ontario in the spring of 2016
- This imagery will be available to the public on March 1, 2019.
- 2018 Southcentral Ontario Orthophotography Project (SCOOP) - leaf OFF, no snow, no ice, no flooding, no clouds, 16cm within 1km tiles, flown in April 2018. WPSGN area for SCOOP is basically the south part of the Township of McKellar, including all of the Town in the Parry Sound south to include all of the Township of Seguin and South part of the Township of The Archipelago.
- Vendor - Aeroquest Mapcon from BC and Airborne Sensing from Toronto
- Horizontal accuracy - 60cm at the 95% confidence level to 45cm at the 95% confidence level, UTM 17/18
- Elevation mass points, breaklines, and raster DSM used for orthorectification (CGVD 2013)
- Metadata for all deliverables
- Optionally stereo data products and associated sensor info
- Imagery delivery to the WPSGN will be Feb-Mar 2019. Online on the WPSGN in Summer of 2019. Public access will be available in March of 2021.
- More details will be added when more information is available...
- Contact information for the LIO Imagery Program
WPSGN Imagery Time - A Map Service to view all our imagery layers
- This includes all of WPSGN imagery layers served into one mapping service
- This is a "time" enabled service, so you can view one year at a time, or many at a time
- This service is a dynamic service, so it will be noticeably slower then our cached services
- This can be viewed on its own (click here) or in the Public or Internal applications using the Time Slider Tool.
- We support multiple standards of protocol for serving (over the Internet) georeferenced map images which a map server generates using data from a GIS database
- Supported Image Format Types: PNG32,PNG24,PNG,JPG,DIB,TIFF,EMF,PS,PDF,GIF,SVG,SVGZ,BMP
Maps Books & Full Size Maps free for download
- Entire West Parry Sound Area Map Book | West Parry Sound Area Full Size Map
- Georgian Bay Islands Map Book
- Archipelago All Map Book
- Archipelago North Map Book | Archipelago North Full Size Map
- Archipelago South Map Book | Archipelago South Full Area Map
- Carling Map Book | Carling Township Map
- McDougall Map Book | Municipality of McDougall Large Map
- McKellar Map Book | Township of McKellar Large Map
- Town of Parry Sound Map Book | Town of Parry Sound Large Map
- Seguin |Township of Seguin Large Map
- Whitestone | Municipality of Whitestone Large Map