Spring 2019 Information
Sandlot is fun, small-sided, team-oriented soccer for younger players attending Pre-Kindergarten through 2nd grade.
ALL players who register for Sandlot will be placed on a team.
Sandlot players are placed on teams that meet each Saturday during the season. The sessions run for between 60 and 75 minutes, varying by age group. The sessions start with a warm up and practice followed by games with other Sandlot teams. The teams train as a unit and are coached by volunteer coaches. Professional coaches, acting as Coach Mentors, are available at each session to recommend activities and to assist the volunteer coaches with the session.
To run the Sandlot program, the Winchester Soccer Club has a Sandlot Commissioner and an Assistant Sandlot Commissioner on our Board of Directors, as well as an Age Group Coordinator (AGC) for each age group. Please contact the appropriate Age Group Coordinator if you have any questions. Contact information for the commissioners can be found on our Board of Directors page.
Spring 2019 Sandlot (Grades K - 2nd) - Played on Saturdays
Dates: 4/6, 4/13, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11, 5/18, NO session on Memorial Day weekend (5/25), 6/1
Please note that the Sandlot program does *not* have additional practices during the week.
Location: Mullen Field
Tentative Time Slots:
- 1:00-2:00 Kindergarten Girls
- 9:45-10:45 Kindergarten Boys
- 11:15-12:30 1st grade Girls
- 8:00-9:15 1st grade Boys
- 4:00-5:15 2nd grade Girls
- 2:30-3:45 2nd grade Boys
Refunds: 100% through March 1 - 50% through April 1 - no refunds after April 1
What should your player bring?
- Wear a WSC game jersey. They are free for all new players. Available at Nick and Lizzie's and Kids Footstop
- wear the WSC reversible game shirt, black shorts, cleats not sneakers (No baseball cleats allowed).
- wear shin guards.
- have soccer socks covering their shin guards.
- Bring a size 3 soccer ball and water bottle, both with the player name on it
- NO JEWELRY. The only exception is a taped medical I.D. bracelet. ++There are no other exceptions to this rule.++
- Parents should not stand with the team. All parents are asked to view sessions on the opposite sidelines.