The Winchester Soccer Club's purpose is to promote and enhance the game of soccer for the citizens of Winchester.
It operates under the general philosophy of inclusion, and a belief that vigorous physical exercise, team sports and healthy competition benefit the physical and moral development of all involved in the sport. The mission of the WSC is to build and operate a soccer program that:
- Provides an equal opportunity for all players to develop skills to whatever level they are capable and willing.
- Provides a forum for the development of good
- Provides an environment for coaches to develop the skills and techniques needed to teach the game of soccer to those who want to learn.
- Provides an environment for referees to develop the skills and techniques needed to referee the game of soccer to those who want to learn.
The WSC will be operated in accordance with its established Articles of Organization and By-laws using the following general policy guidelines:
- Be recognized as a broad-based community organization that exists for the benefit and enjoyment of Winchester soccer players
- In order to reach the highest level of enjoyment, take responsibility for educating WSC participants in the principles of the sport of soccer and demand the highest ethical standard of behavior for all; club officials, coaches, players, parents and spectators
- Operate in an open, democratic, friendly manner that ensures all members have the information necessary to understand the WSC's structure and operating philosophy, be regularly informed of operating decisions made by the Club's governning board, and have mechanisms available for parents to be able to get answers or register suggestions or complaints about the WSC's activities
- Recognizing the diversity of needs within the WSC, individual programs may be different, yet comparable, in providing opportunity for all and will be evaluated for their impact on other programs under the WSC umbrella.
Adopted at Winchester Soccer Club's Annual Meeting on November 5, 1997. Don Sutton, President.