HP Printer Offline
Turn your offline HP printer back online | Fix HP printer offline problem
HP printers are benchmarks when it comes to creating highly advanced yet simple devices. They are technologically equipped designed for maximum productivity with minimum flaws. However, at times the users might face HP printer offline messages in the notification centre on their computer or on the HP printer’s screen. However, it’s not a difficult problem to handle but requires some steps to resolve. However, if the problem appeared for the first time, it might give you some tough times, and you will need the expert’s help to handle the issue.
Printers are the most widely used devices, a small hiccup can create a lot of trouble and stop an urgent task. If your HP printer is offline, it could be due to multiple reasons like a network connection problem. You have not set your printer as a default printing device. The printer is set to the printer in offline mode or due to an outdated printer driver. Whatever is the reason for offline issue occurrence, you should resolve it at the earliest to begin printing.
Why is my HP Printer offline?
· Loose wires and cables are causing your printer to go offline.
· You have connected your printer to a low bandwidth router, resulting in poor network and printer offline error.
· The printer and computer didn’t connect to the same network connection.
· You have not set your HP printer as a default printer on your PC.
· You are trying to print with an offline mode on your computer.
· An outdated printer driver or firmware is also a culprit in causing offline issues in the HP printer.
· The role of jammed print commands in the printer spooler cannot be ignored when the HP printer says offline error.
Reconnect the wires to secure the printer, computer and router connection
For primary diagnosis, ensure the wires and cables are held tightly at their place. This process will eliminate the chances of HP printer offline error at connection issues end.
1. Turn off all your devices (printer, router and computer).
2. Disconnect the cables such as USB wire, Ethernet cable and other wires from your devices.
3. Check that the cables are in fair condition. Replace them with a new one if needed.
4. Reconnect the wires again back to their places.
5. Turn on your devices.
6. Wait until your HP Printer, computer and router get ready to operate.
7. Check if your printer is still offline! If yes, then you should proceed to the next step.
Resetting the print environment resolves minor technical glitches like offline error
Here is how you can reset the overall print environment.
1. Let your printer be running.
2. Disconnect the power cable from your printer without turning it off.
3. Now turn off your computer.
4. After 60 seconds, connect the power cable to your printer, and it should automatically turn on. If it doesn’t, then you will have to do it manually.
5. Repeat a similar action with your router. Disconnect the wire and plug it back again after 20 seconds.
6. If you are using the wireless router, then restart your browser to complete the reset process.
7. Now once your router restarts, wait until the internet light flashes to indicate the connection established.
8. In this way, you can reset the printing system and address the issue when your HP printer says offline error.
Adjust the printer settings from offline to online mode
Your HP printer keeps going offline due to misaligned settings on your computer. You might have selected the option “Use Printer Offline.” Rectify the settings to resolve the error in your printer.
1. Ensure your printer and computer are on.
2. Now press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialogue box.
3. Type Control Panel and hit enter.
4. Choose the option Devices and Printers.
5. Right-click on your HP printer.
6. Deselect the option Use Printer Offline.
Set your printer as a default printing device in the control panel section
Another useful troubleshooting step to resolving the HP printer’s offline error is selecting the option Set as default printer by following the below steps.
1. Fisty, you will have to open the Control Panel on your computer.
2. Now you need to go to the Devices and Printers section.
3. Check if your printer is check-marked green. If it’s not, then right-click over it, click Set as default printer.
4. The printer is offline HP resolves once you select it as the default printer. If still, the problem persists, then go to the next section.
Restart the print spooler services
Whenever the print spooler services stop, it makes the printer to go offline. You should start following the below steps to fix the problem.
1. Open the run dialogue box, type services.msc and hit Ok.
2. Once the services window opens, right-click Printer Spooler and choose Stop.
3. Now minimize the window and go to the C drive.
4. Open the Windows folder, open the system32 file.
5. Now open Spool and double-click Printer folder.
6. Select all files under the Printer folder and delete them.
7. Now open the Services window again, right-click Print Spooler and select the Start option.
8. Restart your printer to resolve the HP printer offline issue.
Update the driver to the latest version when the HP printer keeps going offline
The outdated printer driver is also one of the biggest reasons when the HP printer says offline error. Try connecting it with another printer; even then the offline problem occurs, then you should update the driver using these steps.
1. Firstly, navigate to the Windows menu on your computer.
2. Now search for Device Manager, click over it once the option appears on the result section.
3. The device manager windows open, click over the name of the HP printer to expand more options.
4. Right-click Printer’s model number and click Update driver.
5. Further, click the search automatically option and let your printer’s driver update.
6. Restart your computer once the process completes.
My printer is offline still; what to do? Reinstall the printer
Reinstalling the printer resolves many printer problems, including Offline error. Check out the following steps to reinstall the printer.
1. Make sure the printer and computer don’t connect through any medium.
2. Click the Start icon and locate the Programs and Features.
3. Click over the adequate option to open the Program and Feature window.
4. From the list of programs, select the HP printer model and click uninstall.
5. Now visit the 123.hp.com/setup website and install the latest software for your printer.
6. Keep following the instructions and reinstall the printer on your computer.
7. HP Printer offline problem resolves once you complete these steps.
Run HP Print and Scan Doctor tool to resolve connection errors
Most people ask, why is my HP printer offline? To answer the question, the HP Print and Scan doctor proves to be the best tool. Download and install the tool and rest assured. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the offline problem and resolve the connectivity issues.
1. Visit the HP Support website and download the HP Print and Scan doctor tool.
2. Go to the download folder on your computer and double-click the HP Installer file.
3. The Doctor tool will be installed on your computer.
4. Open the tool, click Start and then select the printer from the list.
5. If you face a problem in establishing the connection, click Retry.
6. Now click the option Fix Printing.
Rectify the network connections to resolve offline printer error
Use these steps to re-setup the printer network connection and resolve the wireless connection error in your printer.
1. Lastly, you will have to check the IP address configuration. Incorrect settings results in HP printer keeps going offline.
2. Next, you will need to open the HP configuration screen.
3. Now select the networking tab.
4. Further, you will have to click the IP address from the drop-down menu.
5. Now select the manual settings option and type the IP correctly in the desired field.
Take help from printer experts by calling our round the clock printer service team
These ways can help you resolve the HP printer offline error, and subsequently, you can begin to work with your printer. HP devices are less prone to errors; however, any such possibility can never be declined. To keep your HP printer running well, update it to the latest drivers. It resolves many printer problems, as Hewlett-Packard keeps releasing new bug-free solutions in their software. If your HP Printer is offline, don’t hesitate to contact the tech support number’s printer experts. Our printer technicians and support executives are always ready to help you in eliminating the offline printer error.