Support & Training
All caregivers and staff receive extensive White Rabbit Treatment Homes training in various aspects of the programme and behaviour management to ensure consistency and adherence to philosophical approach & policies and procedures.
On going training is supplied in ASIST- (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills), TCI -Therapeutic Crisis Intervention, First Aid and CPR, monthly meetings hosting various professionals on relevant topics to child and youth care.
Frequent opportunities for educational experiences and courses offered by professionals in the community.
24 Hours/Day 365 Day/Year Crisis Support to Youth, Foster Parents & Staff
- Well respected and expert Clinical Psychologist who provides sound clinical advice and direction for the agency in addition to psychological and behavioural assessments (as required) for children placed in White Rabbit homes.
- Professional and Experienced Case Managers, Coverage Workers, and Program Assistants who provide support to Youth, Foster Parents/ Caregivers /Child and Youth worker staff.
- Child and Youth Worker Staff who provide direct care service and support to the Youth and Foster Parents.
- Child Management Assistants provide careful support mainly in the area of transportation of youth.
- Property and Maintenance staff assist the Programme regularly ensuring comfort, security and safety standards are met.
- Select Student CYW's from area colleges further compliment the support system in place while completing their Clinical Field Placements with White Rabbit homes and programmes. All students are mentored by, and work alongside our experienced Child & Youth Worker Support Staff.
- Select volunteers from the community provide invaluable assistance to the Youth & Programme in various areas.
Youth Education Support
Section 23 Classrooms
- 2 classrooms in Hamilton
- Tailored to meet needs of teen youth who reside in WR homes
- Hamilton District Board of Education teacher
- Child and youth worker & Mohawk College CYW clinical student support
- Academic, recreation, treatment, lifeskills
- Therapeutic environment
- Small classroom sizes
- Daily communication with caregivers
- CO-OP experiences
White Rabbit Therapeutic Activities & Events
- Lifeskill Groups - 1:1 Assistance
- Employment Training Programme
- Recreation, Music Lessons and Cultural Programme
- Summer/Holiday/PA Day Activities
- Agency wide events and activities (camping, holidays festivities - Easter, Summer Picnic, Fall and Christmas, etc)
- Recognition and Gratitude events for our Foster Parents & Support Team for the invaluable contributions they make to our Youth.