Programme & Services
Children & Youth We Serve
Referred children and youth often present challenges and behaviours which may be attributed to situations/conditions that have been identified pre-admission or have yet to be determined.
Anxiety, Depression, Mild Autism, Attachment issues, Learning Challenges, Mild Intellectual/Developmental Delays, ADHD, ADD, Thought Disorders, Conduct Disorder, Oppositional Defiant, Post-Traumatic Stress, Behaviour due to effects of Trauma, Bi-Polar, Mood or Personality Disorders, Suicidal Ideation, Sexual Compulsions, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Tourette's, Borderline Personality, Obsessive/ Compulsive, Anti-Social, Etc. Behaviours and symptoms are vary in degrees.
Securing the Best Match Foster Home is key.
White Rabbit Foster Homes are currently located in the Hamilton, Niagara, Haldimand, Aurora and Barrie Regions. In Foster parent's own homes or homes provided for Staff Support Parent Model Homes.
- Our Foster Homes provide Respite / Emergency / Assessment /short and long term stays.
- 1 -2 -3 and 4 bed Foster Homes with/without specialized Child & Youth Worker support
- 4 bed Staff Support Parent Model Homes with Specialized Child & Youth Worker Support
- Varying levels of structure and approach at homes – High, Moderate and less structured
- Individualized Clinical Goal planning and Crisis Management to meet each youth's character and needs.
Our Foster Parent Caregivers
Our Foster Parents are Dedicated Skilled and Caring Individuals with varying backgrounds who have previous Education/Experience working with children and youth. Backgrounds include but are not limited to: Educational Assistants, Child &Youth Workers, Social Services Workers, Corrections, Security, School Bus Driving, Fire Fighters, Experience working with Intellectually Delayed, Brain Injury, Developmental Delays and Special Needs Workers, Personal Support Workers, Day Care Providers, Intuitive parents, Teachers, Police officers, etc.
Foster Parents are generously compensated with a tax free Per Diem that assists in covering the children’s social, recreational, cultural needs and family integration as well as their residential care, the money is not regarded as income.