The West Meadowlark Community League offers two-$500 scholarships in the name of The Raymond Courchesne Memorial Scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
1. The recipient or his/her immediate family must be a WMCL member and resident prior to December 31st of the current school year.
2. The recipient must be a Grade 12 student graduating during the current year of the application.
3. The recipient must use the award to further his/her formal education at any post secondary institution.
4. The applicant must have:
- An average of 75% in 5 (30-level) grade 12, 5-credit courses (2-3 credit courses may be combined for 1-5 credit course).
- Three of these courses must be covered by Departmental Examinations, two may be Non-Departmental.
- Marks in work experience and special projects will not be calculated in the averages.
5. The applicant must submit an official transcript of his/her marks, along with a brief explanation of his/her educational intentions no later than August 31st to the chairperson of the Scholarship Committee.
6. The applicant must show commitment to the ideals of the WMCL, either by him/herself or by his/her immediate family.
7. The scholarships will be awarded at the September or October executive meetings of the WMCL upon verification of registration of applicants at a post secondary institution.
8. The committee will select the award-winning students on the basis of the highest total marks obtained from the official transcripts.
9. The majority decision of the committee is final.