The WMCL offers two $500 Scholarships towards post secondary education for a Grade 12 student graduating this year. Please review the scholarship requirements below. Applications are due August 31, 2019.
Please email your applications to email@example.com or call 780-484-6132.
- The recipient or his/her immediate family must be a WMCL member and resident prior to December 31st, 2018.
- The recipient must be a Grade 12 student graduating during the current year of the application.
- The recipient must use the award to further his/her formal education at any post secondary institution.
- The applicant must have an average of 75% in 5 (30-level) grade 12, 5-credit courses (2-3 credit courses may be combined for 1-5 credit course). Three of these courses must be covered by Departmental Examinations, two may be Non-Departmental. Marks in work experience and special projects will not be calculated in the averages.
- The applicant must submit an official transcript of his/her marks, along with a brief explanation of his/her educational intentions no later than August 31st to the chairperson of the Scholarship Committee.
- The applicant must show commitment to the ideals of the WMCL, either by him/herself or by his/her immediate family.
- The scholarships will be awarded at the September or October executive meetings of the WMCL upon verification of registration of applicants at a post secondary institution.
- The committee will select the award-winning students on the basis of the highest total marks obtained from the official transcripts.
- The majority decision of the committee is final.