Learning English Together
Welcome! My name is Wendy Finnecy and I look forward to facilitating your English learning this year. My goal is for us to enjoy our time together learning English while practicing speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar. I will encourage you to work together in groups and speak in English. I'm always available to help you in any way I can...just ask!
Go to I Wonder Wendy... and ask!
Please bring the following items to class each day:
- 3 ring binder and paper
We will be using two textbooks: Stand Out a College and Career Readiness textbook and Focus on Grammar an Integrated Skills Approach. We have class sets of these books that must stay in the classroom. Please do not write in them. I will provide handouts for you to write on and keep.
- Sign in when you enter the class with your initials and time. Sign out when you leave class with your initials and time. Please write the correct time as I do keep track of your hours in class.
- Bring all materials to class each day.
- Please put cell phones on vibrate. If you need to answer, please go outside.
- Please be active and polite listeners and be willing to work together with your classmates.
- No smoking or alcohol on campus, including parking lots.
Please try to be in class! If you are going to be absent more than 3 days please let me know in person or by email. If you are absent for 2 weeks without telling me, you will be dropped from the class.
I look forward to a wonderful year together!