Challenge #7: Be: Angry
Righteous Anger is anger over the mistreatment, insult, or malice of another. It's akin to a sense of injustice. Here's how it looks:
· It reacts against actual sin, not a violation of my desires or preferences.
· It's motivated by Biblically-informed concerns.
· It responds in ways consistent with Christian character.
Take the Challenge
· Be angry about injustice.
· Use your privilege and blessings to be part of the solution.
· Be angry for the least of these (See Matthew 25:35-40). Provide a blessing to each of them.
· Be angry about the status quo; Be an agent of change.
Find Productive Ways to Be Angry
Teach English as a Second Language (ESL)
Get involved with our ESL team.
Give to a Food Pantry
Donate to our in-church food pantry and our food pantry at Huguenot High School which will be opening in September.
Volunteer at shelters like CARITAS
We're a partner with CARITAS. We provide meals and we regularly donate to CARITAS.
Write letters to prisoners
Work with our prison ministry.