Wayland Public Schools reimburses educators for recertification fees.
Professional Learning Opportunities
A reminder that WPS has $93,000 set aside for courses, conferences, and other learning events. You simply fill out a form for approval prior to taking the course. You will be reimbursed upon completion up to $750 to begin with, and more if the account allows (see contract language for specific information - page 22). It does not have to be a credited course, but does have to relate to your work. WESA also has some money set aside for this. Also WPSF will support some professional development too, so it could be the subject of a grant proposal.
- Further, there are often a selection of Union and other professional learning opportunities that are low-cost or free.
- Gaining credits helps you to rise on the salary scale and gives you greater employment and advancement opportunities.
- Course Reimbursement Form (WTA/WESA) |Form
Independent Learning Options
If you have a professional learning event that you think WTA Members will be interested in, please forward to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll include it on this list.
Stay abreast of MTA Efforts and News via this Link
Keep abreast of information related to MA Department of education by signing up for these regular newsletters:
- Revised Standards 2017
- Teachers’ Top 3 from ESE: A bi-weekly e-newsletter just for teachers that’s brief and to the point. http://DESE.Top3fromESE.sgizmo.com/s3/ Not that "Teachers' Top 2 from ESE" is looking for teachers to share their good work and writing so if anyone is interested in doing that, you may contact that newsletter staff.
- Instructional Support Newsletter: Bi-monthly newsletter from the Center for Instructional Support. Please sign up here:http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3096473/Center-for-Instructional-Support-e-Newsletter-Sign-Up
- Commissioner’s Weekly: A weekly email sent out on Friday afternoons from the Commissioner. While Superintendents are the intended audience, many others enjoy the content. To sign up, send an email to email@example.com with the following information in the body of the email: subscribe ESEUpdate Your Name. (Example: subscribe ESEUpdate John Smith) To unsubscribe, send an email to the same address with the following information in the body: unsubscribe ESEUpdate Your Name. (Example: unsubscribe ESEUpdate John Smith)
- Join Twitter and follow threads such as #edchat #edchatma @maschoolsk12 @massteachers. . . .
There are so many ways to develop your professional practice and repertoire. Note the professional learning opportunities, recognition programs, grants, and institutes below.
If you have more to add, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Consider Applying for These Generous Grants and Awards:
Consider applying to the 2017-2018 MTA Next Generation Leadership Program.
All educators in Massachusetts are apart of an evaluation system that is a "cycle of improvement." You can find out the details of this system via this Wayland Evaluation System website. Recertification requirements are also listed on the MTA website.