Water Street Jacks is an Americana group out of Sauk Prairie, WI. Educators by day, our group grew out of entertaining our students at school assemblies and running an open mic for local musicians at the Woodshed Ale House in Sauk City.
Over the past 3 years, we've played festivals locally and regionally including Sauk Prairie's Fire on the River, The Marquette County Fair, Best Fest in Portage, Sauk Prairie Riverway's Concerts in the Park, and Dane County's best kept secret--Isenroo. We've played at venues like the Woodshed and Vintage Brewing Co. in Sauk City, The Barr House in Sun Prairie, The Barn of Dreams in Arlington, River Arts on Water in Prairie du Sac, Tyranena Brewing Co. in Lake Mills, Yahara Bay Distillers in Fitchburg, and The Vines in West Point. We've also had the pleasure to play some private events and fundraisers.
We started covering acts like The Avett Brothers, The Lumineers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Dawes, Mumford and Sons, and The Head and the Heart as well as some classic folk songs and hits from guys like Dylan and Prine. Along the way, we've collaborated on about a dozen original tunes and hope to record them sometime soon.
We pride ourselves on four-part harmonies, devilish good looks, and the only Mando-Strat this side of Nashville. Check us out and give us a call--we'd love to play at your venue or for your next event!
- Ted Harter--lead vocals and guitar
- Owen Murphy--mandolin
- Hans Fester--drums and harmonica
- Matt Brennan--keys
NEW!! Fall Dates!!
- Friday, July 20--Isenroo, 8:45 (private)
- Saturday, August 4--WAM Fest, Wabeno, 7-9
- Wednesday, August 8--Concert at the Portage, Portage, 6:30-8:30
- Friday, August 10--Yahara Bay Distillers, Fitchburg, 7:30-9:30
- Saturday, September 15--Peace Grows Concert, Baraboo, 11:00 a.m.
- Friday, September 21--Night Market, Baraboo, 5-9 w/ Old Farm Dog!
- Sunday, September 23--Vintage Beer Garden, Sauk City, 3-5
- Wednesday, November 21--Vintage Brewing Co, Sauk City, 8-10