Steam Ploughing - Wiltshire Steam & Vintage Rally
Welcome to the Wiltshire Agricultural Preservation Group
Preserving the past, for the future.
The Wiltshire Agricultural Preservation Group, set up in 1974 has around 200 members with the common interest of agricultural technology.
Monthly meetings are arranged for the membership which includes talks, films and site visits. In addition the group organises an annual road run, ploughing match and the Wiltshire Steam and Vintage Rally.
The group has no paid executors or members and gives donations to various charities. To date the group has donated £ 60,500 over the last 13 years, , our primary charities include the Wiltshire Bobby Van Appeal, Help For Heroes and the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Trust.
Are you interested in classic and vintage agricultural equipment, why not join us?
Keep In Touch
If you want to be kept informed of our events join our e-mailing list.
- June 20th - Rally de-briefing meeting - Oare Village Hall 7:30PM.
- Full Event & Group Meeting Diary
- 2019 Steam & Vintage Rally- Thanks to all our visitors and exhibitors for another successful rally. A special thanks to Lady Julia and Mr Robert Hiscox for allowing to hold the rally at Rainscombe Park. Photo Gallery.
- 2019 Annual Road Run & Crank Up - Thanks to all who attended the 2019 road run. From Burbage the route was through Crofton the Bedwyns and Hungerford to the lunch time stop on the downs near Buttermere. After lunch the route took in Fosbury, Marten, Wilcot and back through Crofton returning to Burbage. Photo gallery.
- 2018 Charitable donations - As a product of the groups events in 2018, £5000 was awarded to the Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust, £2000 to the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, £200 to Julia's House and £666 to Oare Village Hall.
Thank you for supporting the WAPG's events.