Workshop on Aspect and Argument Structure of Adverbs/Adjectives and Prepositions/Participles
WAASAP is an international Workshop series celebrated biannually that focuses on the aspect and argument structure of adjectives and participles and adverbs and prepositions. In the time of its existence, it has developed into a referential forum of discussion of the theory of predicative non-verbal categories. Past editions have taken place at the University of Greenwich (2012), The Artic University of Norway at Tromsoe (2014) and The University of Lille 3 (2016).
The different topics that we want to discuss include but are not restricted to the following:
- Aspect: paths, scales and part/whole structures
- The syntax and semantics of possession and its relationship with auxiliary selection in perfective forms
- Prepositions, applicatives and voice: argument introducer heads.
- Artemis Alexiadou (Humboldt Universität zu Berlin)
- Elena Anagnostopoulou (University of Crete)
- Hana Filip (Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf)
- Berit Gehrke (Université Paris Diderot-Paris 7)
Extended Deadline for abstract submission: January 29, 2018.
Notification of acceptance: March 16, 2018.
Date of the workshop: June 7-8, 2018.
María J. Arche
Josep Maria Fontana