Master Class Topics
Virginia is available to travel to your city to educate you and your singers on a variety of topics. All classes can be modified to suit the audience and any particular needs.
The voice: Know the technical elements and how to apply them.
- Production of Vowels (45-90 minutes)
- Production of Consonants (45-90 minutes)
- Development of resonance in the singer's voice (45-90 minutes)
Judging Category classes
- Overview of the Expression, Music, Showmanship and Sound Categories and how the intertwine (45-90 minutes)
- How the Expression category brings the song to life (45-90 minutes)
- Overview of the Sound category: enriching the sound through vocal production excellence (45-90 minutes)
- Riser placement strategies: learn how to maximise the sound and quality of your chorus.
Directors and Assistant Directors
Directors and their responsibilities with chorus goal setting, membership retention and growth, and joyful rehearsals.
- Directors' Seminar (45-90 minutes)
- Rehearsal Planning (45-90 minutes)
- Section Leader Training (45-120 minutes)
For the general membership
- Effective Vocal Warmups (45-90 minutes)
- Balance & Blend (45-90 minutes)
- How do I become an effective coach? What do I need to know and do? (45-90 minutes)
- Quartet Coaching (45-90 minutes)
For music teachers / general public / schools
- What is this music called barbershop? (60-120 minutes)