Frequently Asked Questions
Weigh In/re-bracketing related questions:
- Is there a weight allowance? Yes - 1 pound. For example, if wrestler is in the 60 pound division, they can weigh up to 61 pounds
- If I request a weight/division change prior to the entry deadline, will I be charged a re-bracketing fee? NO - any changes prior to the close of registration can be made by you on Trackwrestling by logging in with your email (username) and making the change.
- Will I be required to pay a re-bracketing fee if my wrestler is overweight and needs to move to a different bracket? YES
- Will I be required to pay a re-bracketing fee if my wrestler is would like to drown down to a lower bracket after registration has closed? YES
- My coach/team admin/etc. entered our wrestlers' and put my wrestler in the wrong weight/division, will I still be required to pay a re-bracketing fee? Yes, due to the number of entries in our tournament and our expectation of starting on time, we enforce our re-bracketing policy in order to encourage accuracy.
- My scale at home/our club room was lighter than the tournament scale, now my wrestler is overweight, will I still be required to pay the re-bracketing fee? YES, the one pound allowance is to meant to allow wrestlers to weigh in a singlet (if they choose) and to account for any variance in scales.
- I am wrestling in a tournament on Saturday, does my wrestler have to weigh in again/can we use the Saturday weigh in? You CAN use the Saturday weigh in, we do not expect youth wrestlers to weigh in two consecutive days. Click here to download and complete the Satellite Weigh in form. After your weigh in on Saturday, please email this form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are your birth years correct for your divisions? YES, we use AAU divisions by birth year for 2020.
- Can I enter two weight classes? NO, you may only enter one weight class per age division, but you can enter two DIVISIONS. The only exception is Middle School. Middle School wrestlers can enter two divisions.
- If I am in 9th grade, can I wrestle in the Middle School division? NO, any wrestlers found to be beyond the 8th grade will removed from the tournament with no refund.
- How do I receive the discount for entering a SECOND DIVISION? Use coupon code: VWC when registering on TrackWrestling
- How do I purchase extra Coaches Passes? Purchase on TrackWrestling under Extras. Be sure to print your receipt an bring to the coaches' registration table.
- Will you combine weight classes? If we have fewer than three wrestlers in a weight class we will combine.
- Will you split weight classes? No
- Can I pay onsite rather than paying through TrackWrestling? No, you must pre-register and pay online.
- Do you have a girls only division? No, but if we have enough girls in a specific weight class we are happy to create a girls bracket.
- How much is the spectator admission fee? $10 each, kids 5 & under are free
- Where can I park? We have plenty of parking available. Our largest parking lot is located behind the school on South Side Ave. Click here for a detailed parking map. DO NOT park in no parking or fire zones, do not park in the grass on on sidewalks.
- Can I access the competition floor to take photos or video? Only if you have a coaching pass, anyone without a coach's pass will be removed from the competition area.
- Are headgear and singlets required? No, but highly recommended.
- Do you award a Most Outstanding Wrestler Award? No
- Are your officials certified? Yes, we use only Tennessee, Virginia, or North Carolina state (high school) certified officials. All official decisions are final and will not be overruled by the Tournament Director
- Do you have a recommended or host hotel? Yes
3285 W State St, Bristol, TN 37620
5 miles away - near The Pinnacle shopping center with Bass Pro, movie theater, restaurants, bowling, trampoline park, etc.
Courtyard by Marriott
3169 Linden Dr, Bristol, VA 24202
7.5 miles away - near Walmart, restaurants, walking distance to movie theater, bowling