Publications and working papers
- Venoo Kakar ® Gerald Eric Daniels Jr., Olga Petrovska (2019) Does Student Loan Debt Contribute to Racial Wealth Gaps? A Decomposition Analysis Published online Journal of Consumer Affairs
- Venoo Kakar and Gerald Eric Daniels Jr., (2019) Role of cash and costs of inflation for different income groups in the U.S. Economic Modelling, Volume 80, pp 303-319
- Venoo Kakar, Joel Voelz, Julia Wu, and Julisa Franco, (2018) "The Visible Host: Does Race guide Airbnb rental rates in San Francisco?" Journal of Housing Economics , Volume 40, pp 25-40
Media: Marketplace Weekend (NPR), Journalist's Resource of Harvard Kennedy School, SF State News , National Affairs Magazine, NBC Bay Area, Trust in Digital Services (TDS) Research Repository (TU Berlin), The Unassuming Economist (Housing View)
- Gerald Eric Daniels Jr. and Venoo Kakar, (2018) "Normalized CES supply-side system approach: how to replicate Klump, McAdam, and Willman (Review of Economics and Statistics, 2007)", Economics: The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, 12 (2018-19): 1–13.
Media: Replication Wiki
- Gerald Eric Daniels Jr., Venoo Kakar, and Anoshua Chaudhuri, (2017) "Racial Differences in Transitions to Marriage For Unmarried Mothers" Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Volume 38, Issue 3, pp 370-389.
- Gerald Daniels and Venoo Kakar, (2017) "Economic Growth and the CES Production Function With Human Capital" Economics Bulletin, Volume 37, Issue 2, pages 930-951
Papers under revision/review
Effects of Monetary Policy on Food Inequality in India with Kuhelika De
Asset Prices and Optimal Monetary Policy Rules with Stefano d'Addona and Marcelle Chauvet
Jobs and Housing (Im)balance in the San Francisco Bay Area, with Aditi Grossman