Call for postdoc
Graph analytics and applications
Project: The Laboratory for Advanced Computing and Systems (LACS) of the Computer Science Faculty at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy, is looking for an enthusiastic and highly qualified PostDoc to work on a research project called "SPGAS: Smart and Parallel Graph Analytics System" in collaboration with several international partners including ARM ltd, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and University of Trento.
The project aims at designing efficient and scalable parallel graph analytics suitable to run on ARM-based computing systems.
Your profile: Successful candidates will have a strong background in computer science, mathematics, parallel computing, and/or computer systems.
Ideal candidates should be able to learn quickly and conduct research independently.
Where: Bozen, Italy
Duration: 1-year renewable
Minimum requirements for successful candidates:
- PhD in high-performance computing, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or equivalent
- Premier HPC conferences publications, such as SC, PPoPP, IPDPS, HPDC
- Strong C/C++ knowledge and experience in software development
- Understanding of CPU parallel architectures
- Familiarity with OpenMP and MPI and parallel programming models
- Understanding of ARM architectures and vectorization techniques
- Knowledge of graph/hypergraphs and linear algebra algorithms
- Strong knowledge on the parallelization of irregular applications (e.g, graph analytics, sparse linear algebra)
- Familiarity with parallel data partitioning methods
Applicants need to be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Competitive salary for senior PostDoc. The position can be renewed several times.
- Meal vouchers
- VISA and Social Security procedure support