Eva Van Belle
- Labour Economics
- Labour Market Discrimination
- Policy Evaluation
- Experimental Economics
- 2018 - present: Postdoctoral researcher, NCCR - on the move
- June - October, 2018: Postdoctoral researcher, Ghent University
- April - October, 2018: External collaborator, International Labour Organization
- 2013 - 2018: Doctoral researcher, Ghent University
- 2017 - 2018: Research intern, International Labour Organization
- September - November, 2013: Intern, United Nations Headquarters
- July - August, 2012: Assistant and Data researcher "De perfecte storm", Ghent University
- 2013 - 2018: PhD in Economics, Ghent University
- 2012 - 2013: Master of Arts in Economics of Globalization and European Integration, Xiamen University, University of Antwerp, Prague Univesity of Economics
- 2011 - 2012: Master of Science in Economics, Ghent University
- 2008 - 2011: Bachelor of Science in Economics, Ghent University
- Van Belle, E., Caers, R., De Couck, M., Di Stasio, V., & Baert, S. (2018). The Signal of Applying for a Job Under a Vacancy Referral Scheme. Industrial Relations, forthcoming.
- Cockx, B., & Van Belle, E. (2018). Wating Longer Before Claiming, and Activating Youth. No Point?. International Journal of Manpower, forthcoming.
- Van Belle, E., Di Stasio, V., Caers, R., De Couck, M., & Baert, S. (2018). Why Are Employers Put Off by Long Spells of Unemployment?. European Sociological Review, 34(6), 694–710, https://doi.org/10.1093/esr/jcy039.
- Baert, S., Marx, I., Neyt, B., Van Belle, E., & Van Casteren, J. (2018). Student employment and academic performance: An empirical exploration of the primary orientation theory. Applied Economics Letters, 25(8), 547-552, https://doi.org/10.1080/13504851.2017.1343443.
- Cockx, B., & Van Belle, E. (2016). Jongeren sneller aan het werk krijgen? Een evaluatie van twee maatregelen. OVER. WERK, 26(2), 29-34, http://hdl.handle.net/1854/LU-8503616.
- Pignatti, C., & Van Belle, E. (2018). Better Together: Active and Passive Labour Market Policies in Developped and Emerging Economies, ILO Working Paper Series, forthcoming.
Work in progress
Work in progress
- Are Students Appropriate Research Surrogates? A Comparison between Sophomores, Master Students and Professionals.
- Why Does Student Employment Lead to Greater Hiring Chances?
- A meta-analysis of the immigrant-native and ethnic wage gaps.
- 2015 - 2018: Teaching assistant, Ghent University
- Teaching assistance for the following courses: Introduction to Economics, Microeconomics, Labour Economics, Research Methods, Seminar in Labour Economics
- Guidance of Master Dissertations (9 dissertations).
- Vlaamse Scriptie Prijs