Trip leader subsidy
The UW Outers Club relies on its members and volunteers to run trips. To encourage members to organize and participate in trips, we provide a subsidy for trip leaders.
For questions about the subsidy or about organizing trips, contact the executives at email@example.com. You are also welcome to suggest maps, guide books, and similar resources to be added to our library to help with the planning of your trip.
- The trip must be open to all member in good standing with the skills and experience required for the trip. However, a maximum number of participants may be set and spots are filled on a first come, first serve basis (usually determined by the receipt of the registration deposit at the trip leader).
- The trip must be announced to all club members. In general this should happen at least a week before the departure date.
- A trip report and receipts have to be handed in after the trip.
- Announce the trip to club members and the exec team:
- Fill in the application form.
- Create an event in the UW Outers Club Facebook group.
- Keep all receipts for transportation, accommodation, etc. during the trip.
- Fill in the reimbursement form.
- Hand in the receipts and pick up your reimbursement during equipment room hours. Reimbursement will be done in cash for amounts less than $50, otherwise in cheque.
The subsidy is determined by the lowest of:
- $5 per member (except trip leader) participating in the trip.
- The average cost per participant.
- The actual cost of the trip for the trip leader.
The UW Outers Club executives have the final say in all decisions regarding subsidies.