Incoming events and presentations
2018 - 01
- Blockchain and applications
- Actual state of cryptography
- DDoS attacks in networks
- Presentation teacher Martín Ochoa about research topics. Security in infrastructure (water treatment, energy).
- Machine learning applied to detect spam using spam tank as data set, analysis of URL's.
- Presentation RID hijacking: maintaining access on windows machines (more information: http://csl.com.co/rid-hijacking/ )
2018 - 03
- Latest paper presented by the teacher about code vulnerabilities using version control repositories.
- Advance of a project using open free security datasets, using PCA dimensional reduction.
- 25th and 26th October, 1st Cyber security event UNAL, preparation.
- A review of blockchain applications with potential in key areas of security and government.
- Advance project PCA with data set: feature extraction from URLs to get trending on attack data.
- Poster preview to be shown in the cybersecurity event at Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- First Cybersecurity event at Universidad Nacional de Colombia (25th and 26th of October)
First cybersecurity event JCUN 2018 Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Model for classification in URLs with anomalous and normal cases, using supervised machine learning.
- Preview proposals for PhD and MSc thesis : Software Defined Networking, Augmented Reality applied to public infraestructure, phishing detection on Twitter using machine learning.
- Machine learning classifier for URLs revision of resutls.
- Review and corrections for proposals for PhD and MSc thesis : Software Defined Networking, Augmented Reality applied to public infraestructure, phishing detection on Twitter using machine learning.
2019 - 01
Call for papers ACNS 2019 : The international conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security (ACNS 2019) will be held in Bogotá, Colombia from June 5 to June 7, 2019. There is a call for papers until January 22th 2019. The topics that the conference takes into consideration are from networks, cybersecurity, IoT, data protection to usability in security or human factors in security.
- Revision, Classification and visualization of web attacks using HTTP headers and machine learning techniques
- Revision ANCS '19, and associated workshops.
- Final revision, Classification and visualization of web attacks using HTTP headers and machine learning techniques
- Blockchain and security application using special hardware tools from Intel. Research from an academic exchange on Purdue University.
- Review masters thesis from TU Berlin on detection of Android malware using dynamic and static analysis besides statistical and machine learning classification techniques.
- Overview blockchain applications and technologies from the practice on government entities.
- Review advances master thesis from some students.
- Review paper, Android malware detection using machine learning techniques, proposed models, apps cloned and attacks through actualizations of original apps.
- Static analysis for Android applications, searching for context leaks. An approach from sintactical and semantical analysis of bytecode Dalvik on Java.
- Application in certificates for an official course from the university, using blockchain, a real world context aplication, innovative software architecture model using intelligent contracts, service oriented software and JSON.
- Review paper from CIC and UNB from Canada to develop a dataset optimized to be use for IDS testing and training, in addition to some ML algorithms applied to evaluate the dataset.
- Kaggle contests for detection of malware, classification of images and cipher algorithms detection on datasets provided on open convocatory.
- Review poster for ANCS 2019 of HTTP headers visualization and classification. Additionally, checked related works.
- Review paper for ACNS 2019 "A survey on machine learning applications for software defined network security".
- Review use of machine learning on stock market looking for applications on fraud detection, specially on credit cards.
17th International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security
Presented at ACNS 2019:
- A survey on Machine Learning Applications for Software Defined Network Security at Cloud SP Workshop by Juliana Arévalo
- An identification model based on mobile user behavior using machine learning at Poster session by Ángel Rendón
- Automatic phishing detection on Twitter using machine learning at Poster session by Misael Perilla
- Classification and visualization of web attacks using machine learning techniques at Poster session by Nicolas Enciso
UNsecure lab Research group at ACNS 2019
- Obfuscation used on networks and web platforms to make harder to understand links an related elements of web sites.
- JCUN opening call for posters, October 2019.
- GAN networks for guessing passwords, comparing methods with dictionary and brute force, using a neural network validator for detection of false passwords.
- JCUN 2019, works presented:
Second cybersecurity event JCUN 2019 Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Artificial inmune system for intrusion detection
By Juan Jesús Pulido
Data sets for intrusion detection with machine learning in software defined networks
By Juliana Arévalo
Password guessing using machine learning
By Michael Guerrero, Christian Ortíz
Computational model for automatic detection of malicious URLs using machine learning
By Nicolas Ricardo Enciso