How to Give Unconditional Love to the People around You
We all know how good it is to be empathetic and compassionate to the others even if there is no benefit in it for us. This is what can call unconditional love. It also involves staying calm and compassionate when we are invoked to get angry. But, this feeling of unconditional love is hard to keep constant; but it’s also like a muscle which can remain strong only when it is used in the workout.
Here, it would be worth mentioning that it’s quite easy to be loving and kind when everything goes in our favor. But what about the times when everything goes south? Can you really maintain this feeling of unconditional love when you are met with hostilities in your life? Surely you can, and this is situation which acts like a tough workout to use your unconditional love as a muscle.
The bad situation usually mainly involves bad behaviors by the people you deal with. The first thing that you can do in this regard is thinking a bit from their perspective. You can presume that those people might be going through a tough time.
However, if you are finding it hard to do this emotional shifting, you can follow the basic steps mentioned below.
- Remember, avoiding acting on the bad emotions always starts with taking some deep breaths. With the help of deep breaths, you actually inhale more oxygen which is also supplied to the brain. Meantime, you get a chance to look at the options you can work on in the situation. Ultimately, you can find better way other than the one for which your emotions are being triggered.
- Remember that anger is nothing but a psychological hijacking which you need to avoid. When you are angry and you are taking steps during this situation, you are actually letting your anger do the work, not your intellectual being.
- When you are angry at someone, you are actually thinking from your own point of concern. This kind of thinking will make look only at the things that you are losing. So, the better way is to think from other person’s perspective. This way, you will be able to have an understanding about the weaknesses which make others’ behaviors worse.
- You need to ask yourself why the other person, who made you angry, deserves to be yelled at. If you find out that he disrespected you in any way, you will have to further think about background of that disrespect. May be it’s a feeling which is related to your childhood deprivations and nothing else. So, this is the time you can actually do something to heal that gap inside you. You can ignore that anger and be good in behavior with the person who has angered you.
- In case you are unable to manage your anger with the emotional shifting, you can go outside, throw some splashes of water on your face and divert your attention to anything else other than the task you have been doing.